babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Fuji white with black roof wrap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We've bought a Fuji white Evoque from stock and we wanted a black roof, so the dealer offered to get someone to wrap it for us for £250 which we took. Has anyone done this before? We've not taken delivery of the car yet to see what it's like, but just interested in people's view of wrapping?
SINGHY had his Grey RRE roof wrapped Black, which looked as good as the factory paint job. So don't worry.

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-My-Orkney...loss-black

I've seen his RRE at the first birthday meet @gaydon & you wouldn't know it's not paint.
Wow! That looks awesome, and can't even tell any difference from those pics. Cheers.
Wrapping can look every bit as good as painting and having the roof done in black is a fab choice, ..not that I am biased, having this combination myself, lol. You can buy car care products especially for looking after vinyl wraps too. I look forward to seeing your new car, ENJOY! Smile Paula xx
That looks great. I've been thinking about doing black roof and black vinyl over the "Range Rover" characters as well... not 100% that I'll do it yet, but it's mighty good looking!
Michael you can buy black Range Rover lettersets that even come with a template so you get them stuck on correctly! All you need to remove the old letters is a hairdryer and a length of fine fishing line or dental floss. There is a UK based company with an Ebay.co.uk store where you can buy them and they also have a non-E-bay website too
(24-10-2013 11:37pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Michael you can buy black Range Rover lettersets that even come with a template so you get them stuck on correctly! All you need to remove the old letters is a hairdryer and a length of fine fishing line or dental floss. There is a UK based company with an Ebay.co.uk store where you can buy them and they also have a non-E-bay website too

I have used three firms (one to supply the rear for my Pure, one to supply the replacement letters for the bonnet of my Pure when I sold it, and one for the rear of my current Dynamic) based on which was the cheapest at the time on e-bay. The only issue with the templates is that they are not quite correct; they assume the lettering goes on the car absolutely horizontal, when in fact both bonnet and boot lettering is subtly curved upwards to the outside.

My tip: tear off a piece of masking tape and place exactly flush above and one exactly flush under each letter. Make a mark with a pencil where the letter ends touch each piece of tape and then hairdryer to remove each letter and alcohol wipe to remove any excess glue/tape residue. Then place new letter to fit where the marks were from the old. This will maintain the original subtle curve of about 5mm difference from the end letters in relation to the centre of the car Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

This of course also means since you are only replacing one letter at a time that you should still get it right even if you can't spell, thus reducing the chance of ending up with a Ronge Raver!!
Cool... seems like its already a popular option for ppl in thus forum. I havent seen any black roofs on the road!! Will post a pic when we get the car!
Contrast roof is a very popular option in UK, even if it is a very very expensive one when specced with the Panoramic roof
seconded - mine is white with a black top and I love it!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's