babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Car covers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My car will be going into secure storage shortly and the storage facility don't cover the cars. As when it goes into storage the car will only be 2 weeks old so I want to cover it just to stop the odd bird poo and spider web from
getting onto it. Has anybody any recommendations of makes of car covers? Was considering a gortex one that can breathe a bit.
Will it be stored outside or under cover?
Undercover in a building with a corrugated iron roof that gets a lot of condensation drips from it
Sounds like a good ideal to cover your new car to stop water & bird marks.
I sure you have done your homework on car covers, but for anyone else reading this thread the main things are

make sure the paint work is clean & completely dry before fitting your cover.
The cover needs to be well secured to stop any flapping around if the wind gets up.
Make sure that the air can circulate between the cover & the body work.
Never use one of these plastic bag covers from a well known car care shop.
Even the best waterproof but breathable covers can mark the paint/trim, try & find one which is ultra soft.

Option 2.
Give it to your mother to drive around, whilst your away Wink
She won't drive an automatic! Although I had problems keeping her from driving the FFRR's which she loved "big cars should be automatics" was her reply. This from a 5ft tall 83 year old, she just loved driving both of them but hated the RRS's, she claimed the FFRR's were easier to drive than her Honda Jazz.........
I have had great success with the Noah fabric covers. Only problem is after a year it gets pretty dusty and needs to be washed. I have used that for over 12 years, hope that helps Tim
Thanks Slee, will see if I can find them online, have found several through Google
Reference URL's