babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Road Noise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just ordered a new 14MY Dynamic with an expected delivery of Nov 27th. My current Pure is fitted with 19inch tyres however, the Dynamic will of course be fitted with 20 inches. I was just wondering those of you with the 20 inch rims fitted what the road noise is like?
I've run my Dynamic on 20 Continental and 19 with both Pirelli Scorpion and Continental, and there's very little in it, but the 19 Pirelli's would just be a fraction quieter, with the 20's having fractional more rolling noise, the 19 Continentals boom a bit. But honestly its not like you'd really notice unless you are listening for it.

Hope you enjoy you're new Dynamic, did you get a good trade in?
I run my Dynamic with OEM 20" Continental tyres in the summer and 19" Pirelli Ice and Snow in the winter. Like Phil I notice a difference with the 19's running quieter than the 20's - it was actually a couple of passengers who noticed it more than I did.
look out for the brand. Mine has 20" Continentals but I had a Dynamic 5 door recently with 20" Michelins, it was much quieter.
Musher, if you have your dealership's printout of your car's spec the make of tyre is listed in all the spec info. According to my order my new car will come with 20" Michelins
(08-10-2013 10:17am)Stevemac1 Wrote: [ -> ]look out for the brand. Mine has 20" Continentals but I had a Dynamic 5 door recently with 20" Michelins, it was much quieter.

I thought my Michelins were noisy, glad I don't have Continentals Laughing
Just looked at the printout and it says michelins!!
It's no guarantee you will actually get them but LR do seem to have moved away from using Continentals on the Evoque
Reference URL's