babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Hello there and some SAT Nav help please???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm just new here, picked up my new evoque on the 1st Sept and love it!

Quick question though, sometimes on start up my nav picks up a town in Belgium, will sort itself out after a few minutes. It's not every time, mainly first thing on a morning. Does anyone have this issue? Don't live in Belgium,I live in Leeds!
I think you'll find that the satnav is set to Belium as the country (rather than UK or GBR as the Evoque calls it). Go into settings for the satnav and change country setting to GBR.

(22-09-2013 09:37pm)Becca Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Quick question though, sometimes on start up my nav picks up a town in Belgium, will sort itself out after a few minutes. It's not every time, mainly first thing on a morning. Does anyone have this issue? Don't live in Belgium,I live in Leeds!

I think you'll find that the satnav is set to Belgium as the country (rather than UK or GBR as the Evoque calls it). Go into settings for the satnav and change country setting to GBR.

Thanks, I shall try that!
+1 sound like it defaulting to Belgium until the GPS location reception kicks in, check the Country and try setting a home location.
Makes you wonder what else the dealer didn't do in the PDI.............. you would think that they would at least check that the SATNAV was correctly set up.

Hi Becca,

I've had my Evoque for nearly a year now and I have the same thing happening on mine a lot. It resets to Belgium and most of the time the it takes at least 5 mins to get past the Satnav is initialising message. I often drive with out the sat nav working at all. This issue with the sat nav defaulting to Belgium was reported in the Autocars long term test Evoque. I will get mine checked once its in for its first service.

Rxa
Reference URL's