babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: IOS7 on iPad and iPhone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just updated my ipad and iphone to ios7................ not sure I like the screen/ icons format, looks a bit childish to me.
make sure you go into settings, and disable the charms on the lock screen... it's an exploited hole in the security of ios7....

By activating the charms, then clicking 'cancel' and double clicking home quickly it will bypass any passwords you've got and allow you to the appswitcher screen, where you can then select the photo's, select 'share to' and gain access to your facebooks/emails/linkedins/twitters etc.
Cannot find this charms setting. The only thing I can find to do with the lock is in Control Centre - Access on lock Screen which I have switched off. Is this what you mean RS? Have also switched off the access through apps. I'm not on Facebook or Twitter anyway
Isn't charms a windows 8 term??
LOL,
yes to both above - couldn't remember what it was officially called at the time of writing Very Happy
RS, I've just had a window appear on my ipad to say that there is an update to fix these security bugs - IOS7.0.2, now updated to it
Reference URL's