babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Tragic happening
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone from Tokyo Japan,
I am new to here. Been lurking here since got my Evoque two month ago.
Today I would share my tragedy with you and hear some logical theory of what happened to my car.

It happened three days ago.
The day before, I washed and did not drive it and just covered it.
Next day morning I noticed that the part of the far side wing have MELTED.

My car is at dealer and they say that the cause of the damage would be heat but no wiring beneath the lesion. They say that it must be vandalism.
As you see, the hole of the cover is smaller than the area of body damage. Hard to think that heat applied from outside of the cover.
No thunderbolts for the day.

Anger that has no outlet.

Ryuhei

Sorry to hear / see this. What's the cloth bag thing on the floor that also appears burnt ?
that looks like a car cover?
(22-09-2013 12:37pm)cjfp Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to hear / see this. What's the cloth bag thing on the floor that also appears burnt ?

Thanks for your concern.

That was car cover.
It became thin, hardened and torn easily with finger push. Obviously compatible with heat degeneration.

Ryuhei
CJ, I think it could be the car cover that Ryuhei mentions in his post.

Ryuhei do you use any cleaning chemicals when washing the car? It looks more like chemical marks than fire type burning
(22-09-2013 12:45pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]CJ, I think it could be the car cover that Ryuhei mentions in his post.

Ryuhei do you use any cleaning chemicals when washing the car? It looks more like chemical marks than fire type burning

I washed with dish wash detergent and that was it.

As you see it, the composite distorted, twisted like small waves.
If it would be heat, what kind of heat could do like this?
Vertical part of fender just above wheel arch is totally intact.
I did not use any chemicals and acid or sort of things.
You haven't parked near a building like this have you?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/...s-science/
(22-09-2013 01:00pm)recordman Wrote: [ -> ]You haven't parked near a building like this have you?

It had been under the roof.
My former cars had been at the same place like her and this had not happened before.
Some sun light coming in the afternoon but other than that the place is shaded.
(22-09-2013 01:00pm)recordman Wrote: [ -> ]You haven't parked near a building like this have you?

I read the article and feel sorry for the owner of an XJ that was the same with my former car.

Do anyone of you guys know what was like the melted side mirror?
I know the mirrors of XJ were made with black plastic almost the same with Evoque.
If it were a paper or any burnable sort of material like a guy in Mickey Mouse costume, he might be burned.
Scaring.

Very interesting articles, anyway.
(22-09-2013 12:45pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]CJ, I think it could be the car cover that Ryuhei mentions in his post.

Doh!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's