babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Jump Starting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All,

I need to jump start by old car back into life, are there any concerns that it might blow fuses in the RRE?

Thanks
IIRC it tells you in the Owner' manual what you have to be careful about
I've jumped mine in the past, you might need to get the battery monitor formally reset at a dealer, because even after jumping mine it would only run the engine and not charge the battery Sad
Not sure if any of the volume of software updates have altered that or not, but worth checking out anyway.
sorry I read it as you wanted to jump start another car, not the Evoque
ah ha, you might be right there - I read the 'old' car as a casual comment a la "gonna jump start the old girl". Laughing
I had to jump start a 3 years old Honda Jazz at the weekend - I used my Defender rather than the Evoque, but the Honda manual had specific instructions about where to attach the negative to the Honda - it was NOT on the negative on the battery but a special grounding/ earthing point on the body, I suspect you will find Evoque has a similar set-up to protect its' electronics and you may find that if the car you are trying to start is old enough for it not to matter!
(16-09-2013 02:55pm)RacingSnake Wrote: [ -> ]ah ha, you might be right there - I read the 'old' car as a casual comment a la "gonna jump start the old girl". Laughing

tried that once and my cheek still aches Smile
Thanks guys, rather than risking blowing something up I bought a new battery from Halfrauds...battery on the old car needed replacing anyway, it hadn't been driven for 5 days and was completely flat!!
Is this flat battery on your Evoque or another vehicle - if your Evoque's battery is only lasting 5 days then you have a serious problem somewhere and need to get it in for the BMS upgrade as soon as possible - also if it was your Evoque then LRA would have replaced the battery for free!
(17-09-2013 09:28am)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Is this flat battery on your Evoque or another vehicle - if your Evoque's battery is only lasting 5 days then you have a serious problem somewhere and need to get it in for the BMS upgrade as soon as possible - also if it was your Evoque then LRA would have replaced the battery for free!

On my old VW Polo, finally managed to get shot of it - needed to be able to move it first though. Didn't drive the VW for 5 days after collecting the RRE and the battery flattened...
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's