babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Braking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All,

Does anyone find that the brakes are quite weak in the Evoque? I'm finding it pretty difficult to stop quickly from high speeds (should I need to).

Thanks
No, nearly put myself through the windscreen stopping for a Freelander that decided to turn out in front of me a while ago! It stops just fine! If you hit the brakes hard enough you should be able to get the ABS to kick in, that can feel like its not stopping, but thats because you've hit the limit of traction.

Having noticed you previously had a Polo you should find a big step up in performance of brakes, but the Evoque will be a heavier car. Maybe try a test car from the dealer if you feel yours arent right.
(08-09-2013 11:48pm)PhilSkill Wrote: [ -> ]No, nearly put myself through the windscreen stopping for a Freelander that decided to turn out in front of me a while ago! It stops just fine! If you hit the brakes hard enough you should be able to get the ABS to kick in, that can feel like its not stopping, but thats because you've hit the limit of traction.

Having noticed you previously had a Polo you should find a big step up in performance of brakes, but the Evoque will be a heavier car. Maybe try a test car from the dealer if you feel yours arent right.

Will give hard braking a try later when no one is around.

I had to apply quite a lot of force when braking in the Polo, the RRE seems similar to that - granted it is a maybe double the weight. But after driving a range of 2013 VW's the brakes on the RRE don't seem to apply enough stopping power..

Though having the RRE serviced recently by a dealer I would have thought it would have been something they checked.

Could be I'm just being paranoid Very Happy

Cheers
For a car so large I am very impressed with it's braking capabilities. I'm with Phil on this one.
(09-09-2013 09:52am)ChuckieB Wrote: [ -> ]For a car so large I am very impressed with it's braking capabilities. I'm with Phil on this one.

Very impressed - best I've ever had

I once had a Mazda 323 with drums all round, an emergency stop was more like a 'casual roll' - from 30 mph it would take about 50 yds to stop, with my foot almost through the floor - lethal !Shocked
Agree with the above, he brakes are superb.
Might be worth popping to the dealers to get them checked out, or you test another model.
I went from a D4 to the Evoque and found I was left wanting when it came to braking until I figured it out..... was taken far more speed into the corners etc Wink
I think the brakes are good on my Evoque.
VW's do have fierce over servo'd brakes though, I had a Passat many years ago and it was harsh with hardly any pressure applied. You will get used to a more progressive pedal.
I thought that Evoque has an emergency braking system / brake force limiting system that senses how much pressure you are applying to the pedal and then boosts the braking effect with a pressure limiting feature that activates with the ABS and switches on the hazard warning lights when it has been triggered?
The US spec doesnt do the hazard warning lights. Trust me idiots in LA traffic can do the weirdest things for no apparent reason
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's