babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Range Rover thieves in action again in Central Scotland
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Yes scum is again in action in rural Central Scotland trying to steal car keys from houses. My place suffered an attempted break in on Thursday night. Police are on the job, car keys were not in the house, car is now in a secure storage facility until I get home.
Awful to hear this, Tim. Glad they didn't get access to your keys or your car. Hope the police catch the scummy toads! Paula xx
Scum Mad at least the car is safe and well and your keys are secure.

It makes my blood Boil that these people think it is ok to break into someones property and steal their hard earned possessions.
Lets hope they don't come south! My car is on the drive as I am on holiday. Big Cry

Absolute scum. Banging Head Glad to hear that they didn't steal anything.
They tried in November 2010 and ransacked the house on Rememberence Day, turned it upside down trying to find the keys to the FFRR I had at the time. It was one reason for moving to a smaller car. They must think I'm thicker than average if they think I would leave the car keys in the house for any length of time. good to know though that Evoque is still so desirable that it is worth breaking and entering a house to get the keys.
I still hold that the best plan is a set of 'keys' off ebay - unprogrammed/less the key blade - let them THINK they have the correct keys but it won't open the car (oh, bugger, the battery must be flat).

One would hope that the element of 'ransacking' looking for keys would be eliminated. I cannot imagine they'd think they had the wrong or dud set, certainly not straight away.... I also think that it would eliminate the aggro you may get if they broke in whilst you were there - as they would 'find' the keys and go straight back out to the car - giving the homeowner time to call the Police or 'take action' whilst they were trying to get the car to open.

Same could work for carjacking - hand them 'the key' and bail out - see how far they get before they realise it's not the correct/working key.
Scumbags Tim, hope they didn't cause too much damage.

Ali.
Sorry to hear that Tim, maybe it's worth considering a security light with auto camera, if you can mount it out of the way of the thieves of course, then it video's anyone getting near the car.
2nd Amendment.
Bazooka!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's