babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Bulb under the mirror
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,
i have a request, anybody know what's the bulb appering in the following photos? It's under the ext right mirror of my evoque ed4 coupè. It's like a led but it's all black and no light from it. It's a sensor? Ty
[Image: 1376489776-eaaab-126kb.jpg]

[Image: 1376489777-b5703-137kb.jpg]
i'm pretty sure it's the outside-temperature-sensor...
Unfortunately I'm having a problem on a slow satellite connection downloading the first photo, but I would hazard a guess that it is a BLISS sensor for if you have the blind spot indicator - I'm not sure if it is fitted even if you didn't opt for it, to save LR having loads of different mirrors they sometimes make bits with all the extras on them to save production costs have 7-8 different mirror cowlings. I'll get a better idea tomorrow morning when nobody else is using my shared with 23 other people satellite link!
@ evoquesi4 I tried to remove it by cutting wires. No difference and have outside temp in car display
@ Xfullfattim I have no blind spot indicator.

Using a tester i ceck the wire. When i open the door and internal courtesy light turn on i have 5 volts. When curtesy light turn of 0 volt
(14-08-2013 05:00pm)biscowar Wrote: [ -> ]@ evoquesi4 I tried to remove it by cutting wires. No difference and have outside temp in car display
@ Xfullfattim I have no blind spot indicator.

Using a tester i ceck the wire. When i open the door and internal courtesy light turn on i have 5 volts. When curtesy light turn of 0 volt

Sounds like it might be something to do with the puddle lamps.
Now I can see the whole photo, it s the blanking piece for the Puddle Lights
(15-08-2013 04:25am)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Now I can see the whole photo, it s the blanking piece for the Puddle Lights

I don't think he means that. Its difficult to see but in photo 1 its the little blob that looks like its illuminated (probably a reflection from the flash) in photo 2 just above the A of the 2A in red there is a tiny module with 2 black wires.
I have the same under my passenger door mirror and I have no idea what its for
It does look like the ambient air temperature sensor.

[Image: ecfbb09dd7a27952b772424db82ffd33.jpg]
(15-08-2013 12:25pm)Bowl Wrote: [ -> ]It does look like the ambient air temperature sensor.

[Image: ecfbb09dd7a27952b772424db82ffd33.jpg]

I am pretty sure that he is referring to the little blob on the underside that is in line with the centre of the glass
Could be looking at the wrong part, but is it not for the surround camera?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's