babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Terrain Response default
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know why the default for my evoque has changed to snow and gravel when I start the car, it used to be normal and how I can default it back to normal?

Cheers
Wonder if it needs re-setting for some reason? You could try disconnecting the battery, leave for a few seconds then re-connect to see it it re-sets?
(09-08-2013 01:05pm)RRSteve Wrote: [ -> ]Wonder if it needs re-setting for some reason? You could try disconnecting the battery, leave for a few seconds then re-connect to see it it re-sets?

I had to call Landrover assist out due to a flat battery and i'm wondering if this has started it all off
(09-08-2013 01:11pm)veeedubba Wrote: [ -> ]
I had to call Landrover assist out due to a flat battery and i'm wondering if this has started it all off

I'd put money on it being to do with the original flat battery fault as you say. It can cause all sorts of errors to pop up. Out of interest, do you ever get the battery '3 minute warning' coming up on your screen, either when starting up or when shutting off and still wanting to listen to music? If so, there is a known fix for this that your dealer can carry out for you. Smile Paula xx
I haven't had the warning, had the car 6 months and I went to fill up with diesel the car started fine then 2er 2 hours later it was totally flat. Land rover assist came out then downloaded 2 items of software after jump starting me (he also dis connected the battery for some reason. No problems since except the terrain response default.
The problem after a flat battery, or disconnecting it, is getting the Battery Monitoring System rebooted. This is what the software patch is supposed to fix - it worked on my car after it flattened its battery twice last winter.
Does this patch mean there will be no knock on effect of disconnecting the battery again and the patch will not be required again?
It is supposed to do something to the BMS system that was causing the battery to flatten quickly. The first attempt LR had with my car they managed to disable the rear socket that was live when the ignition was off and that meant my solar trickle charge didn't keep the battery topped up. The patch fixed that and another issue with the BMS and it also was a fix for manual cars with Stop Start technology that was giving problems. The third attempt seems to have been successful as I have been away from the car since 7th June and when it was run last week it started with no problem at all. When the battery had been flat before the LRA guy had to reset all sorts of things afterward
well here's the next part of the saga. Went to get in the car this morning to go to the stealer and guess what? ..........FLAT battery. Land Rover assist attended and after being very thorough and downloading the latest software again, concluded that a new battery was required. During the process, the terrain response defaulted to the correct road setting on its own. The Doncaster Stealer did not have the correct battery (apparently a rare model due to manual and eco stop start) so off he went to Hull to fetch one for me. Can't fault the service at all from assist but a new battery after 10 months, what's that about?
That was what else was done to my car, new type of battery ( not just a straight swap) after the 2nd time it flattened.
Reference URL's