babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Q261 - ECO START STOP SYSTEM INOPERATIVE & VEHICLE SOFTWARE UPDATES
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I just had this software updated today
with this software I feel the car is more smooth (in the right gear) and definitely better MPG

before the update, the gears were not in the right place at all

However I am wondering, If I didn't do the update, will it affect the car overall? like the engine and transmission..etc
Because right now my car has 2k KM on it, and I hope those 2K KM (without update) won't affect the engine and stuff....

Thanks
(16-07-2013 05:53am)donot521 Wrote: [ -> ]If I didn't do the update, will it affect the car overall?
No.
Smile
mine went from getting 500 km per tank to near 800 now
I thought all North American spec cars were petrol engined automatics, can you get diesel manual gear box Evoques in Canada?
(21-08-2013 11:16am)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]I thought all North American spec cars were petrol engined automatics, can you get diesel manual gear box Evoques in Canada?

Mine is listed as needing it -- and I am an auto/petrol car. Haven't done it yet and not really sure what they "do" on an auto/petrol car.
Then what your car will get is what my auto diesel had - the battery management system update is also part of the stop/start update. If you leave your car unused for any length of time the update makes a difference to battery live
Scrannel it just updated the battery management system. But the transmission shifting has been altered little i noticed when i got it back. When your in D and use the paddles to downshift because your on a grade it holds the gear till the grade is flat. Never use to do that, I have to move to S to keep it in the gear i want till it flattened out.
Just fyi, topix is now showing that they are on ver3 of this update !

I think the version applied to mine was ver2

Not sure what the difference is.
Looks pretty recent cjfp (assuming Topix bulletins are in date order), haven't had a letter or got it applied to mine yet! Have't had time to get to a dealer, glad I didn't go out of my way since sounds like it will need an update again. Does it show as an Outstanding compaign against yours again since having it done cjfp?
I never got a letter or call the first time - i made them aware of it.

No, it shows that i have nothing outstanding showing on topix.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's