babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: How long (Time) was your test drive?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was wondering how long buyers in the U.K. had driving the Evoque before agreeing to buy one and if the test drive was accompanied with a sales person or not.

Has anyone managed to 'loan' a car for say a weekend to get a real feel of the car?
I got a Evoque for a saturday morning so 3hr on my own.
I had ordered my car 3 months before I got to test drive one, but I did get three hours driving on and off road
without anybody from Land Rover with me (it was on an Evoque Unleashed day) and it only served to confirm that I had done the right thing putting my money down on a drawing and some photos!
(15-07-2013 09:13am)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]I had ordered my car 3 months before I got to test drive one, but I did get three hours driving on and off road
without anybody from Land Rover with me (it was on an Evoque Unleashed day) and it only served to confirm that I had done the right thing putting my money down on a drawing and some photos!

+1
I didn't have a test drive, as I had one as a courtesy car for a few days when my FL2 was getting work done- that was it - lost my heart to a RRE!!!
Had one for a morning. Enough to test the trip to work and back plus the garage test.
I had about 45 minutes, a circuit from Reading towards Basingstoke which included motorway, dual carriageways and country lanes. I had the salesman with me and was in love with the Evoque before I got in!
None.... The first Evoque I drove was my own. LOL
We had roughly 45 mins test driving an automatic on one occasion and then a manual on a second visit, each time without a landrover person. We then took one home overnight - mainly to check our holiday luggage would all fit, which it did, just! Also test drove BMW and Volvo ( what was I thinking!), only at Volvo did someone come out with us, felt like a driving lesson, on our second visit we took it out without a Volvo person. I guess it probably depends on individual garages.
I got about 45 mins to test drive a manual demo and then placed my Order. Whilst waiting for delivery I also got a half day LR Experience event where I ragged an Evoque automatic which confirmed my decision not to buy an automatic with the dated technology.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's