babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: New arrangements for Factory visits?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone

I've recently ordered my Evoque and at the time, thanks to forum members posts, I asked if they could please arrange a factory visit so I can see everything and fingers crossed (like The Valeter I think) maybe see my car on the line somewhere.

I've finally heard back from the dealer who has informed me that:-

"with regards to the factory visit I have made enquiries into this for you as they have recently changed there arrangements so im not sure what is now available"

I appreciate his command of the English language isn't excellent but that aside I'm really disappointed as for me this is a special occasion and it would mean the world to have this little extra.

Does anyone know if there has been a change in the policy for factory visits or can anyone on here help me in my quest, as I think relying on the dealer is not the best way forward?

Thank you.
According to the LR website they're still doing factory tours of Halewood. Have a look at the link:

http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/lr/experi.../halewood/

According to the LR website they're still doing factory tours of Halewood. Have a look at the link:

http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/lr/experi.../halewood/

or this one which gives a price of £45.00 for a factory tour on its own.

https://shop.landroverexperience.com/pro...ience_Tour
Reading between the lines, what your dealer is saying is
We don't want to pay for you to vist the factory, so make arrangements yourself

As for timing a vist when your RRE is moving down the track, you will need the VIN number. When you ring the
experience centre & talk to the very nice Daniel Wink she can look up the VIN & should be able to tell when the best day to vist will be.
Call Danielle at Halewood & arange your tour. Your dealer may pay for it for you depending on how generous or otherwise they are!
They clearly can't be bothered... name and shame...
Thanks for your comments.

On one hand, to be fair to the dealer they did me a cracking deal so if I have to pay for a tour I have no problem with that, just a shame they couldn't be more honest.

On the other hand, since placing my order the garage has completely underwhelmed me with their service. I have asked on a number of occasions for the finance figures to be emailed through (so I have them I writing) only to have a voicemail left with all the figures (not vey helpful).

I've also just received an email informing me that my July build date has just been put back to September (something to do with it being a manual rather than auto) "but at least you'll get the new registration"!!! Little comfort as I'd hoped to take delivery in time for our family holiday in august and the registration number means nothing as I will be using a private plate.

Needless to say I'm getting more and more frustrated already. Much more of this and I will be cancelling my order and buying something else.
Ooh, being put back to September probably means you'll get a 2014MY car. This could be good or bad news depending on what changes take place, but the chances are it will involve a price increase. Maybe you need to interrogate your dealer a little more.
Also take a look in the Events section as there is a stickied post about how to contact Danielle and her team
Thanks 'recordman', that is something that had crossed my mind, so I will ask them. I've signed an order form, paid my deposit etc so they should honour the agreed price but I'm not going to go ahead if there is a price increase and it's passed over to me. Guess I need to know now and have that confirmed in writing to be safe.
The factory closes for annual maintenance and staff holidays in July/August for a month. When production resumes
normally the next MY cars will start rolling down the production line mid August for September/October deliveries. The factory will still be building 2103 right up to the last 2013 VIN is issued so you can still have a 2013 car built right up to the end of August, also in some markets they will still have 2013MY until later than the UK as their model years don't tend to coincide with our bi-annual changes of registrtion plates. My launch day car (8th Sept 2011) was built in August 2011 but I had to fix the spec in March 2011 and could not change it except if I had ordered a Stornoway Grey or one of the other darker metallics as the Japanese Tsunami destroyed the factory that supplied the paint pigments so JLR had to quickly find some new colours to offer, it's possibly why there are so many ealry cars in Fuji White!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's