babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Autocar long term test car
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Interesting points raised regarding the items in the Lux pack by their long term tester - half the kit that comprises the Lux pack is a waste of money and I tend to agree with him on most of the items he comments on:
Dual View TV - useless when you travel most of the time one up - I agree - have never used it on my car
Park Assist - Waste of time unless you always park on street - I agree, have never used it
Motorised Tailgate - great extra but might be better if taken as a stand alone option
Blind Spot Monitoring - once novelty has worn off the mirrors are big enough to see most things (and it calls wold too often when driving on country roads!)
Pano roof - he claims it isn't that great as the driver get no benefit from it. I suspect if a light headliner is specced then it isn't necessary.
Surround Cam - hardly used after the novelty has worn off but like the park assist not hugely useful. I agree.
The Audio upgrade, keyless entry and powered tailgate would be worth speccing as individual options saving £1000 on the price.
What he does say though is that "What we would never forgo, though, is the standout design of the Evoque inside and out; it has helped to make every moment of the past 15 months seem special."

The faults that they list are "Cabin Rattles" ................. many of us can only agree with that one!

Problem is the Lux Pack cars are listed as models in their own right in the price guides so a Prestige or Dynamic with just the useful options fitted will always be worth a bit less than a Prestige or Dynamic with the Lux pack.
My wife would have liked the dual screen tv so she would never miss xfactorSmile but unfortunately you have to have the other things with it like sat nav which for me isn't worth the money although i do recognise the tech spec would attract a higher list price. For me an iPhone placed on top of the screen provides an excellent sat nav and works a treat.
I would never totally rely on bsm and would always use the mirrors and turn to check anyway so that's a waste of money for me.
Park assist would be great for my wife and was very impressed with it on demo car but I weighed up actually how many times she would need to reverse park when I'm not the driver, so in the end opted to spend the money on xenons with signature drl which look great!
I only have a rear camera and hardly use that never mind surround ones. only need it when reversing into really tight spots and accuracy is warranted.
Tailgate is a must for me. So convenient . No more dirty fingers for me!Smile love it.
I like the pano but yes us drivers don't really benefit but I do worry I'm gonna lookup one day and find a big crack in it! And the insurance issues too, Urgh!
Keyless would be convenient too although I think the key fob system is pretty handy already as with the Audi system you still need to insert the fob some where on the dash as well as press the ignition button to start the car where as I can leave my fob in my pocket after unlocking and still drive the car.
Speaking of rattles, mine has developed a slight rattle over 60mph coming from somewhere below the driver's side air vent. And also a vibration type noise from the rear sometimes like the parcel shelf not on properly, perhaps.shame as I've had a good six month stint rattle free. Guess it had to happen sooner or later
The rear vibration - have you folded the seats flat recently? I found it is quite easy not to latch them back fully in the upright position afterward and that was the cause of one if my vibration noises
Good to hear, as I decided against the LUX pack since those options all seemed like toys and not useful tools, and I did spec the Electric Tailgate seperately which I like a lot. My car maybe worth less second hand although I reckon the mileage will factor away that difference quite quickly ( low mileage Non lux or a High Mileage Lux...), and it clost less new by a fair margin...

Would still choose the pano roof even though I often close it and forget it's closed for quite a time!

Not a rattle insight after dealer sorted the initial ones, but I have to leave one of my rear seats unclipped at the moment or else it Squeaks!
Couple months back I folded the seats down to take some cardboard to the skip so yea could be that I guess. Ill have another check thanks Tim
Horses for Courses.

For me, the Surround Camera was top of the list. I have a blind exit from my driveway, so having the ability to look in both directions without having to creep out too far is a life saver.

The other thing near the top of the list was indeed the Dual Screen. We don't do too many miles. However, we do travel to my parents (Midlands to South Wales) which is a 3 hour drive. The other half can catch up on TV when we do the drive.

Of course, I don't pick the Evoque up until tonight, so we'll see how often I use it.
Powered tailgate - most used 'gadget' - nothing ever gets chucked on the back seat.
Keyless - jury's still out as I tend to use the fob more often than not.

Pleased to say I have never had any regrets about not speccing the pano roof. And not even thought about any of the other lux pack options. So quids in.
Just to add my thoughts:

Dual view is watched now and again, but I watch the the TV mostly parked up waiting for my wife.
Park assist can be useful in city parking, but I use it less than half of the time.
Tailgate is a must in my opinion.
BSM I can take or leave.
Pano roof is a must and when I close the blind, I can really notice the difference.
Surround cameras are good for judging the kerb or lines in a car park, but not essential.
Keyless entry I use about as much as the fob and I like having the option.
850w system gives a good sound and I have no problem with it.
Xenons, with cornering lights are excellent.

No rattles yet and my only fault was the alarm, which is now fixed, so I`m a happy hector Smile
(30-05-2013 10:32pm)MarkLondon Wrote: [ -> ]Just to add my thoughts:

Dual view is watched now and again, but I watch the the TV mostly parked up waiting for my wife.

With the 850W system and tv on , you must either have to leave the car running or have ten minutes then a flat battery? Smile
Certainly don't miss the pano roof. I'd spec the same options listed below again though with the addition of the heated steering wheel. Surround cameras have been great when entering and exiting my garage. I basically specced in line with what my 12 year old son stated! And he got it 100% right in my view.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's