babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Navigation acknowledgment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The little Nav acknowledgment that says "don't use while driving" is pretty annoying ... Is there any way to permanently turn this off?

I really hate when I try to use voice Nav but it stops the whole process because it hasn't been acknowledged yet
That used to drive me nuts - especially as the voice command feature worked so well, my portable Garmin also pops up the nag message too.

I kind of assumed it was a legal requirement but now reflect, given that the Audi never asks that it's an attempt to head off a possible legal challenge along the lines of the manufacturer putting something in the car that could distract the driver....
It's an improvement over the original 2005 software that was in the early Disco3's and RRS's where once you were moving you coud not enter a destination or alter it, you had to stop the car. I prefer the present legal warning that disappears when you accept it to not being able to input info on the move. It didn't take long for forum members to find a hack to circumvent it and then Software supplier changed the program!
FYI if you click the Nav button and let it sit there it will go away on its own. After that you can you use the voice controls.
Reference URL's