babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Meridian Stereo Problem - Need help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The volume settings on my stereo seem to have gone out of whack.

Normally volume setting of 15-20 was for normal listening and 25-35 when I wanted it loud, with 35+ being very loud

Now you can’t even hear it at 15 and need to get to 40 for it to sound normal, and at max it was like it used to be at 30-35.

Anyone else encountered this, I have gone through all the option and settings screen and couldn't seem to find anything which would have caused this.

Also incidentally my Alarm also went off when I unlocked the car just before this problem showed. I have just had the alternator/low battery call back thing done (though i hadn't experienced any problems before).
(15-05-2013 02:10pm)GibEvoque Wrote: [ -> ]The volume settings on my stereo seem to have gone out of whack.

Normally volume setting of 15-20 was for normal listening and 25-35 when I wanted it loud, with 35+ being very loud

Now you can’t even hear it at 15 and need to get to 40 for it to sound normal, and at max it was like it used to be at 30-35.

Anyone else encountered this, I have gone through all the option and settings screen and couldn't seem to find anything which would have caused this.

Also incidentally my Alarm also went off when I unlocked the car just before this problem showed. I have just had the alternator/low battery call back thing done (though i hadn't experienced any problems before).

I faced the same situation but then understood that the source(iphone song downloaded and played via bluetooth) was not good. If you play an original cd, you will know the true potential and sound of Meridian. Hope its the same with you.
(15-05-2013 03:37pm)gabhishekanand Wrote: [ -> ]I faced the same situation but then understood that the source(iphone song downloaded and played via bluetooth) was not good. If you play an original cd, you will know the true potential and sound of Meridian. Hope its the same with you.

I don't think its a problem with the bluetooth, as my iPhone is my usual source. The problem is also repeated with the radio.
Have you recently tried to reduce the volume on the satnav?
Disconnect the battery, wait 10 mins, reconnect and all will be well. Never happened to me but I know that a reset resolves most problems.
(15-05-2013 08:01pm)Stadt Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]Disconnect the battery, wait 10 mins, reconnect and all will be well. Never happened to me but I know that a reset resolves most problems.

Thanks, tried that it guess what its worked.

Very odd though, wouldn't have been sat nav though as I don't have itLaughing

Only thing I can think was something to do with Valet mode as I noticed they switched this off when the handed it over.
In Valet mode it should disable the audio...
Reference URL's