babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Not Happy with Customer Relations Center Answer -Surround Camera-2013 Owners Confirm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
2013 Prestige Evoque with Surround Camera.

I had already posted on how to access surround camera in reverse gear and been following up with local retailer and Customer Relations Owners help line number. I got an answer that was shocking. They said NO 2013 Model has Surround camera installed that can be accessed when in reverse gear?

Is this true, any 2013 owners can confirm this? Are you not able to access the surround camera option when in reverse gear? Why else would anyone use it?

Please help!!
I'm not MY 2013, but I've never tried surround in reverse. I really just use them when accessing my garage or other narrow openings e.g. lanes going forward. My reversing camera is all that I require in reverse, but will try them tomorrow.
(10-05-2013 06:54pm)IKM Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not MY 2013, but I've never tried surround in reverse. I really just use them when accessing my garage or other narrow openings e.g. lanes going forward. My reversing camera is all that I require in reverse, but will try them tomorrow.

Thanks please update when you have time.
I posted a reply to a similar posting to this last week - my early production car can access the surround cams when in reverse. The reason you may not be
able to might be because of USA homologation regulations - ie LR cannot now import RRE with surround cam available in reverse on USA spec vehicles, you do have quite a few differences to our spec because of US regs.
(10-05-2013 09:44pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]I posted a reply to a similar posting to this last week - my early production car can access the surround cams when in reverse. The reason you may not be
able to might be because of USA homologation regulations - ie LR cannot now import RRE with surround cam available in reverse on USA spec vehicles, you do have quite a few differences to our spec because of US regs.

Oh Damn! I traded in my Evoque 2012 Dynamic for a 2013 Prestige.. Love the Surround camera especially for parking and looking at the side views and rear view in reverse. I hope my retailer can help me out with some sort of software download option.
This is primarily due to conservative members of congress doing everything they can to limit the vision of Americans to BACKWARDS ONLY. "Backwards is Forward; Forwards is Backwards; Complete View is No View." Aldous Huxley
(10-05-2013 07:33pm)gabhishekanand Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks please update when you have time.
I'm in the same boat as you. In reverse I can't access surround cameras. Given that it's the first time in nearly 18 months that I've tried this, then I'm probably not going to miss this feature. Interesting though that Tim gets this feature. Maybe need the tow bar for it to activate?
I'd just be happy if I could get surround camera even AFTER I'd been in reverse! Sad I could have finished parking half the time before the view changes - and it's just as bad when selecting reverse, as I've completed the manoeuvre before getting the reverse cam. The dealer claims that it's speed controlled, so the faster you're moving the quicker it changes. If this is true, there must be some fast parkers out there!
Mine isn't speed related, yes it takes an age to engage the cam after selecting R but within seconds, with only moving the selector from R to D and not moving off it returns to the home page
I have a 2012 model and can't access them either. You could if you go in to neutralor park I think, not sure. In any case, on the rare occasion that I managed to do it after fiddling around with gears and controls, it popped back to the reverse cam, when selecting the reverse gear. So basically it's useless. When parking I'd prefer the surround camera option as well, since you have a better overview of the surroundings. I would prefer to be able to use the front cameras instead of the sensors, which would be more accurate. I learned to live without. My main use of the surround camera is now the special view to look around the corners. At work I have to get out of a garage where I can't see the pedestrians coming. The camera is great for this.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's