babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Window scratch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have what only can be described as a faint scratch on my rear window. It's one of those scratches that unless you know it's there you would never know however, I know it's there and every time I clean the car I see it. Is there anything out there that can be used in removing this????
(03-05-2013 11:39pm)musher Wrote: [ -> ]I have what only can be described as a faint scratch on my rear window. It's one of those scratches that unless you know it's there you would never know however, I know it's there and every time I clean the car I see it. Is there anything out there that can be used in removing this????

Hammer?
Tongue Out
Jewellers rouge. You might do more harm than good though, one of the glass repairers may be able to help.
Is the privacy glass factory fitted or after market? If it is factory glass then it is coloured glass so polishing should be OK
Tim, it's factory fitted. Any idea on what polish to use??
I would suggest a visit to your local Halfords, try Autoglymm Glass Polish or ask the spotty youth assistant what they can recommend. heronB's suggestion is what I would have suggested for a fine scratch but you then have to be careful not to make it worse by introducing a swirl in the glass where you have polished it! Have you tried looking on the Autoglass website to see if they have any FAQ's about scratched glass?
Reference URL's