babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Stone chips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Is it just me being unlucky or is the bonnet prone more to stone chips due to what it's made of. The reason why I ask this is because whilst out over the last couple of days giving the Evoque some tlc, I noticed several stone chips on the bonnet on areas you would not think possible. Must be honest, I'm pretty annoyed that it appears not to take much for one of these to appear plus it ruins the look of the bonnet.CryingCrying
where on the bonnet are they?
There not in the usual places ie around the lettering area where you expect them but more in the middle and also on the sides of the bonnet. Also it hasn't gone all the way through either as you can still see the primer underneath.
You're driving too close to the car in front. Drop back and you'll avoid most stone chips.
Sad indeed !!

I usually don't drive too close or behind cars/trucks without mudflaps. thats sort of habit now after destroying a few windshields in the past.

On the same note, I'm also looking for a hood-bra [leather] or hood-deflector [plastic] . Have used this on all my vehicles and unfortunately unable to find one for evoke. Trust me it does save money in the long run, just bounce the small pebbles over the car - safe for pano roof.

[Image: car-bras-auto.jpg]

[Image: 00008221f.jpg]

LMK
OMG ShockedShocked
More likely to bounce rocks etc onto your pano roof
A good way to totally ruin the look of your Evoque though. I think I would rather have stone chips
the one on the red car looks like Hannibal Lecter
Increasingly seeing them on cars here too, especially sporty Japanese cars
I have just ordered a Car Bra, when I get a chance this weekend I will take some photos.
(09-05-2013 11:42am)Mark^^ Wrote: [ -> ]I have just ordered a Car Bra, when I get a chance this weekend I will take some photos.

from where and how much?? please please please....
I am in Australia and its from http://www.carbra.com.au It should be in white and its a used one. Used only once to fit out on a car, as its been part of the development process. So I am getting it for $400 rather than the normal $550. It was delivered earlier in the week and I get it Sunday.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's