babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: OUCH............ I've broken the tailgate - resized photos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Tim, sorry to hear about your little disaster, I think it will polish out easy.........

Hope you get it replaced whilst your in London.
hummm... not good.. sorry to hear that

it looks like cardboard or some cheap china material..

thanks for sharing.. wont let kids ride bike around even..
It's all very Eco friendly I'm sure, saves weight and its 100% recyclable, just not very strong. I was amazed at the amount of damage to the interior trim on the tailgate. My local dealers, Morrisons of Stirling are working out a quote for me too.
In your picture, I had no idea a Lada had parking sensors Wink

On the flip side, now the rattle has stopped, you can offer JLR to inspect the cause of it from your tailgate for a "small" fee.
Ouch indeed.

I hope you get it sorted out quickly Tim.
Sorry about your little disaster.... Are you sure it wasn't a tiger Woods scenario and someone had a shot with a golf club and you tried avoiding it and instead hit a tree? You could easily have sold that story...
Anyway, when are you down in London.... We could have a Fuji only meet up... I see about 3 on the way nearly everyday...
(21-04-2013 08:05pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Spot of Gloss white dulux and some black gloss on the trim and nobody will notice the repair!
[Image: D5FECB68-11E5-4B63-BBCA-B92AB7C03770-473...97c79b.jpg]

Looking Good. Very Happy
I'm just about to pop into Park Royal Screw-Fix or B&Q as it has been suggested I should peel off the silver gaffer tale and replace it with some white gaffer tape so the temporary fix isn't quite so obvious! Now why didn't I think of that in the first place! Thanks for the suggestion James@Hadley Green.
Just back....... Loads of silver and black, green and yellow even "transparent" which isn't really transparent, but no White in stock!
there's a homebase on the A40 not far from the B&Q - maybe give that a try.
Ive got some gloss white wrapWink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's