babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Condensation & cracked/crazed rear light clusters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, has anyone developed cracks in the rear light clusters over the winter which has subsequently resulted in huge amounts of condensation inside the lights!

Wonder if its a combination of the cold weather and the wrong plastic being used for the parts.

Go have a look at yours and let me know!

Cheers guys & gals.
Get the car back into the dealership and make a warranty claim. Mine has now spent two very cold winters out on the drive without problems for the light units and its been down below -15c where I live. I had a similar issue a few years back with an early RRS and there was no question from the dealer about replacing them under warranty.
(05-04-2013 05:40pm)daveo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, has anyone developed cracks in the rear light clusters over the winter which has subsequently resulted in huge amounts of condensation inside the lights!

Wonder if its a combination of the cold weather and the wrong plastic being used for the parts.

Go have a look at yours and let me know!

Cheers guys & gals.
Eww yuk!

Thats not good, could they have been cleaned with something that may have effected the plastic?
I hope its not a manufacturing quality issue but then you probably hope it is and that its been cured.
1st service is due in 1000k & I have a little list of things to fix under warranty, this is at the top right now. Already had the pathetic parcel shelf replaced once, clips pulled out (riveted in to FELT)! Geez.

I have made all the cleaning and no chemicals have been exposed to the lenses of the lights. Just hope the dealer is of the same opinion as us!

Thanks folks
Please keep us posted

Koj
will do....
Although it's not a problem just at the moment my light clusters are being swapped out as they have had lingering condensation, i.e. beyond what is deemed normal or acceptable.

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s445...CF0713.jpg
http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s445...CF0706.jpg

I am still somewhat surprised and disappointed that problems like this persist in this day and age. Must be a throw back to the 1970's when you would typically expect failure in seals around lamp units on vehicles from the British Leyland stables. Is this progress?
Just had 1st service and they replaced both rear clusters without question. Result!
(14-05-2013 05:12pm)daveo Wrote: [ -> ]Just had 1st service and they replaced both rear clusters without question. Result!

Mine where all so replaced last December without any question, for the backing peeling away.
yup, the backing had started to come away from mine too took about 3 months for the peeling to move about 20mm. Poor quality eh!
Reference URL's