babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Plastic on rear bumper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All,

Wash my new Prestige Evoque today for the first time since collecting last Sunday and I have noticed the grey plastic (bull bar) is scratched on the left side (looking from the rear of the car). Multiple scratches which covers the thin horizontal strip and the downward bull bar bit which I'm unable to polish out because it's dug into the plastic.

I did't notice this when collecting the car so I suspect it's been done over the last week but can't be 100% about that.

Looks like the horizontal strip and the left bull bar bit will need to be replaced or re-sprayed.

Can these parts be bought separately (looks like 3 parts make the whole unit) and do they just clip in?

If not does anyone know what colour code these are so I can get them repaired.

Thanks
Paul.
Only the right hand part can be removed, as the tow eye is behind it.
The left & centre strip have the clips plastic welded in place, so can't be removed without braking.
Does anyone know the colour/colour code for the prestige bumper inserts (bull bars), looks like I'm going to need a re-sprayed to fix the scratches.

Or I could get them sprayed in Atlas to look similar to a dynamic bumper - Does any have the atlas paint code?

Thanks
Paul.
You can ask Liam@Land Rover Customer Services and he should be able to get you the correct codes for your car if you email him with your full details and the VIN of the car. Failing that, your friendly local dealership will be able to give your the info.
(29-03-2013 01:28pm)doug Wrote: [ -> ]Only the right hand part can be removed, as the tow eye is behind it.
The left & centre strip have the clips plastic welded in place, so can't be removed without braking.

Mine is still at the dealers to be delivered & they emailed me some pics. Curious to know what the large piece in the boot is - on top of the mats and under the RHS tow eye cover. Thinking it's the other part of the bumper...
The large piece in the boot is the cover that is missing from the RHS of the stling plastic, the bit that covers the transportation lashing down eye
(31-03-2013 10:20pm)Amadeus Wrote: [ -> ]Mine is still at the dealers to be delivered & they emailed me some pics. Curious to know what the large piece in the boot is - on top of the mats and under the RHS tow eye cover. Thinking it's the other part of the bumper...

Don't worry the wide trim in the boot is likely to be the front under bumper panel that is removed for the front towing eye.

Bet you can't wait, Very Happy
Reference URL's