babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Vulnerable bumpers etc? Protection?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Dynamic and would love to take it off-road a bit more -- just wondering what (if any) sensible protection is available for the trim etc? (Kinda wishing I'd bought a Prestige (with Magneride) for better approach angle).

I've seen metal underbody things on eBay -- have no idea if they're good or how important they are (Top Gear made their own version of something like that and then drove too fast and ripped bits of trim off).

If I damage a bumper, any ideas how expensive they are to repair/replace?

Thanks,
Jonathan.
XFullFatTim will know.

There is a company that make these plates and are currently under evaluation by the LRE Centres and are fitted on their Evoques.

Cost is guesswork, and would depend on the level of damage.
I've had my Dynamic offroad a couple of times - it is a bit worrying that there is pending doom to the front and rear valances even from a hidden rock but that's the price you pay for the looks! The best advice I can give you is to make your passenger in the front seat get out and act as spotter for you when you get to a tricky bit where you might catch the bumper.
Reference URL's