babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Width restrictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In their infinite "serve the public" wisdom, one of my regular routes is being narrowed to 6'6" in old money (Rotherhithe tunnel)

I've checked the car width from the LR site and it's wider than that but.... Depending on the layout of the width restriction (height if posts vs door mirrors) am not sure

Anyone got a nice little 6'6" restriction near them that they use or find they cannot use?

Thanks
Apparently the Rotherhithe restriction has been causing complete havoc today !
Duh! Never underestimate the stupidity of road planners!
Never underestimate Transit Van Drivers who don't recognise 6'6' Laughing
Anyway fold the mirrors in and I think you scrape under the limit!
My garage entry is 2100mm - which is just under 7ft and it's a tight squeeze with the mirrors folded in, like 10mm each side which is why the car sits outside (there's that and the fact that the garage is full of stuff I don't want to part with just so I can get a car inside it!)
I have got my transit past every width restriction that I have come across, but the mirror tend to be above the posts on each side.

Ben
If the width restriction is only at wheel level, I can recommend the surround camera system which looks down from the two mirrors and allows you to guide the car through. Going to slow everything down though. Ridiculous.
(19-03-2013 11:56pm)Frp1 Wrote: [ -> ]I have got my transit past every width restriction that I have come across, but the mirror tend to be above the posts on each side.

Ben

+1 on that.

Some people just can't gauge the width of there car Wink
In case anyone is inerested... the restriction at Rotherhithe is set up at 6'6" with high kerbs but essentially it's that width at the wheels rather than at door or mirror height

Certainly if the intent was to stop panel vans, transits etc going through it has failed as the traffic through their last night was the same as normal. Meaning they've spent a bunch of money, created a load of traffic jams to achieve absolutely nothing other perhaps than disuading Aston and Lambo drivers from using the tunnel (not that you see many of them in SE London anyway!)
OK, resident Yank here -- what the hell is this all about anyway? Not really understanding...
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's