babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Land Rover Insurance and the Pano Roof
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just renewed my policy with them and price is up a tiny amount over last year and they confirm that the policy covers full replacement of a broken panoramic roof with no additional premium or excess. The person at the other end of the phone was very surprised that there are companies out there that will not cover the pano roof. LRI is owned by Original Insurance not LR
Thanks for that I will give them a try, don't mind if they are a bit more than the usual suspects as long as the cover really is comprehensive.
I'm with telcos and its not covered if anything happened it would need to be a full claim
Just renewed my insurance with Admiral, they confirmed in writing the pano roof is covered under their glass policy.
RAC insurance specifically excludes pano roofs. I'm with LV= and it's covered under the glass section.
Tim
I just rang LR insurance that you're referring to for a quote, as well as being considerably more expensive than my current insurer, they categorically stated that the pano roof is not included as part of the glass cover and as it is a factory fitted part of the body would be treated as a body repair. The lady I spoke to consulted a colleague before confirming the above. You might want to reconfirm what you were advised.
Two things Singhy

a) They are more expensive because they cover risks that other insurers don't even venture into covering - offroad use and off road recovery, also
included is anything you tow behind the car and anything on the roof rack

b) I will contact them again but the guy I spoke to phoned me back after speaking to their under-writers to confirm that I have full cover on the pano roof.
If there's any doubt get it in writing Tim.
I have an email from Land Rover Insurance (or more accurately Verex Group, the company that administers) and they confirm that the Pano roof is covered. I specifically asked, and wanted written confirmation in case of a future claim.

A bit academic for me at the moment, but I'll be going with LRI once my replacement car is delivered.
I now also have an email similar to Trapdoor's
Reference URL's