babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: TPMS finds a spare tyre.........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just started up my car after it had its trip to the battery doctor and first message that comes up on the screen is "Check pressure in spare tyre" Well Land Rover, I might have a couple of spares around my waist but my little Evoque has no spare wheel or tyre so...................... I guess that's a false alarm. I also find the clock is fibbing too, telling me the date is 10/january 2009, long before my car was built! At least it started first press of the button without a hesitation and after some button pushing the date was reset and eventually it gave up telling me to check the non-sxistant spare wheel's tyre pressure.
(17-03-2013 06:24pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Just started up my car after it had its trip to the battery doctor and first message that comes up on the screen is "Check pressure in spare tyre" Well Land Rover, I might have a couple of spares around my waist but my little Evoque has no spare wheel or tyre so...................... I guess that's a false alarm. I also find the clock is fibbing too, telling me the date is 10/january 2009, long before my car was built! At least it started first press of the button without a hesitation and after some button pushing the date was reset and eventually it gave up telling me to check the non-sxistant speare wheel's tyre pressure.

As a matter of interest, do you know why the clock doesn't automatically re-set via the time signal on the DAB radio? Mine doesn't, but my other car does, as do radios at home.
(17-03-2013 06:44pm)Donny Dog Wrote: [ -> ]As a matter of interest, do you know why the clock doesn't automatically re-set via the time signal on the DAB radio? Mine doesn't, but my other car does, as do radios at home.

Well, it makes sense, the DAB is only for the radio.... Why did you think otherwise??? And I don't even work for LRVery Happy
My 2001 Freelander1 had the optional Phillips-Becker satnav and it reset both the car's clocks twice a year without intervention from me or DAB radio..............So much for progress! It used the time signal from Germany to reset the clocks in the Spring and Autumn
(17-03-2013 06:44pm)Donny Dog Wrote: [ -> ]As a matter of interest, do you know why the clock doesn't automatically re-set via the time signal on the DAB radio? Mine doesn't, but my other car does, as do radios at home.
Coz LR wanted to save 2p in the cost of the car and inconvenience every customer. My 2003 FFRR without satnav reset the clocks when we went from UTC to BST and back so it is possible to do in a Land Rover's technology ( but then LR was owned by BMW and Ford ad not a bunch of bean counters)
It was probably one of the many spares in your garage it was detecting Tim Wink
I can assure you that although there is a lot of stuff in my garage there isn't a spare wheel and tyre for an Evoque in there!
(18-03-2013 06:52pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]I can assure you that although there is a lot of stuff in my garage there isn't a spare wheel and tyre for an Evoque in there!

Then it must be the spare around your waist...Very Happy... My car has yet to detect it... But I am getting there fast as well..Wink

I have changed my TMPS for 18s Pirelli, ... The message on the display shows the TMPS is not detected.... Any ideas on how to switch the message off without going back to the dealers... I can still cope with it though..
Reference URL's