babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: In the garage again......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Yes back in the garage again the morning, the middle vent on the dashboard has started to melt.......
Heater was too hot?
I also notice sagging of the middle vent top inner trim. There are so many imperfections in my truck, thought thats after-all LR's heritage, so keep ignoring it.

The service dealer is also at a distance and their unbelievable excuses also make me feel that I should rather enjoy my time then wasting it driving and taking to dumb heads.

Evoque is such a disappointment relative to its prestigious name and high price... Next one will be either Porsche or Lexus...
(16-03-2013 01:11am)invoke Wrote: [ -> ]I also notice sagging of the middle vent top inner trim. There are so many imperfections in my truck, thought thats after-all LR's heritage, so keep ignoring it.

The service dealer is also at a distance and their unbelievable excuses also make me feel that I should rather enjoy my time then wasting it driving and taking to dumb heads.

Evoque is such a disappointment relative to its prestigious name and high price... Next one will be either Porsche or Lexus...

Totally agree with your comments on the Evoque being a disappointment. I will never have another Raver Rover again. I feel so let down by the product and the dealer I use is just a total waste of space, I don't believe any of the staff have ever been on a customer services course.
I really feel for you guys, this is my third Land Rover product and all of them have behaved great. My dealer is A+ and I wouldn't expect anything less. I think any car can have problems and no matter what car you have you will always find dealers that are good or bad. It's a shame that some of us are let down by such a great product.
All of my Land Rovers have been great, but the Evoque has to many things that need to be ironed out.
(16-03-2013 04:46pm)J77 Wrote: [ -> ]All of my Land Rovers have been great, but the Evoque has to many things that need to be ironed out.

Do you think (or know) whether it's new technology and design unique to the Evoque that is responsible?
Are some of the things common to the freelander but have an outside factor that is preventing them performing reliability on the evoque?
Or could it be that the Freelander will evolvie with the same kit and suffer from similar things in future (until they are ironed out)?
(16-03-2013 07:08pm)Kojak Wrote: [ -> ]Do you think (or know) whether it's new technology and design unique to the Evoque that is responsible?
Are some of the things common to the freelander but have an outside factor that is preventing them performing reliability on the evoque?
Or could it be that the Freelander will evolvie with the same kit and suffer from similar things in future (until they are ironed out)?
I believe the Freelander MY13 is still a safe bet for reliability.... but I wouldn't be so sure about the next model (FL3), which will no doubt have the same quirkeness as the Evoque (unless they've sorted it out by then!).
My fear is all new Land Rover products will go the same way, it's just a matter of evolution. It's took the Freelander almost 16 years of production to evolve into the car it is now. The trouble is Land Rover are using lighter materials to keep weight down, but gives it a cheaper/flimsy feel. The Evoque isn't a bad car it just has new model problems and I'm sure it will improve with age just like the Freelander. The only reason I'm trading in is because I need a bigger boot and a bit more head room in the rear, if it weren't for thoose reasons my Evoque would be staying.
(16-03-2013 09:19pm)J77 Wrote: [ -> ]My fear is all new Land Rover products will go the same way, it's just a matter of evolution. It's took the Freelander almost 16 years of production to evolve into the car it is now. The trouble is Land Rover are using lighter materials to keep weight down, but gives it a cheaper/flimsy feel. The Evoque isn't a bad car it just has new model problems and I'm sure it will improve with age just like the Freelander. The only reason I'm trading in is because I need a bigger boot and a bit more head room in the rear, if it weren't for thoose reasons my Evoque would be staying.

I agree, but other manufactures seem to deal with the issues better. I will post latter the experience I had with my dealer today, which when you read it will shock you. This is the main reason why my Evoque is now going to be sold, I am totally fed up with the customer service I am expected to put up with from a brand who treats it's customers with no respect.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's