babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Flat tyre!:(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[Image: uhugu8a9.jpg]

Came out to this this morning. Gutted. Always very careful. Don't understand it.
Anyway can anyone tell me please what kind of prices I'm looking at to get this one changed? Not sure if it can be repaired yet.
Hopefully yours is just a puncture..

Yesterday when i was leaving work i felt the steering wasn't right and pulled over and saw that my nearside front was flat.

I took it around to my local tyre company to ask if they could repair a puncture but the tyre showed no signs of a nail etc in the tyre, so they did a water test in their unit and this showed that there was crack on the inner edge of the alloy!

The boss guy said that i must of caught the edge of a pot hole and said that mine was about the fourth one he had seen in the last few weeks!

So my options are an alloy repair @ £80 or a new wheel (i'm going for a new wheel)

Im know glad that i took my original style 6 20's off at about 1k miles and put them into storage.
(14-03-2013 10:50am)Teetree Wrote: [ -> ][Image: uhugu8a9.jpg]

Came out to this this morning. Gutted. Always very careful. Don't understand it.
Anyway can anyone tell me please what kind of prices I'm looking at to get this one changed? Not sure if it can be repaired yet.

contis 19" are around £190 if I remember correctly.
this is the first time I've used LR roadside assist and I've gotta say its rubbish. I could attempt to change the tyre myself but why should I. Technician Been delayed twice now but Im waiting. I'm not changing that wheel. That's what the service is there for !
(14-03-2013 12:23pm)Teetree Wrote: [ -> ]this is the first time I've used LR roadside assist and I've gotta say its rubbish. I could attempt to change the tyre myself but why should I. Technician Been delayed twice now but Im waiting. I'm not changing that wheel. That's what the service is there for !

Might be worth just inflating it and driving to your local tyre place to get it checked and repaired.
(14-03-2013 12:23pm)Teetree Wrote: [ -> ]this is the first time I've used LR roadside assist and I've gotta say its rubbish. I could attempt to change the tyre myself but why should I. Technician Been delayed twice now but Im waiting. I'm not changing that wheel. That's what the service is there for !

Really!! That's what the service is for! Seriously? Got a flat tyre and your not willing to change it yourself...to be honest you deserve to wait.
(14-03-2013 01:07pm)Stadt Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]Really!! That's what the service is for! Seriously? Got a flat tyre and your not willing to change it yourself...to be honest you deserve to wait.

Well what can I say I'm not very good at changing wheels!
(14-03-2013 12:54pm)WB Wrote: [ -> ]Might be worth just inflating it and driving to your local tyre place to get it checked and repaired.

+1
Most of these places will repair CIH..Wink
Its only flat at the bottom so should be ok Wink
If it can be repaired get them to put that one on the rear and the rear on the front.

Reason being is that there is more weight over the front wheels..
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's