Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Flat tyre!:(
Teetree

[Image: uhugu8a9.jpg]

Came out to this this morning. Gutted. Always very careful. Don't understand it.
Anyway can anyone tell me please what kind of prices I'm looking at to get this one changed? Not sure if it can be repaired yet.

Fuji Pure SD4 Auto 5door, powered tailgate, front sensors, rear camera , pano roof, heated steering wheel, front fogs, xenons, spare wheel, 19" diamond turned alloys
14-03-2013 10:50am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cutter7

RE: Flat tyre!:(

Hopefully yours is just a puncture..

Yesterday when i was leaving work i felt the steering wasn't right and pulled over and saw that my nearside front was flat.

I took it around to my local tyre company to ask if they could repair a puncture but the tyre showed no signs of a nail etc in the tyre, so they did a water test in their unit and this showed that there was crack on the inner edge of the alloy!

The boss guy said that i must of caught the edge of a pot hole and said that mine was about the fourth one he had seen in the last few weeks!

So my options are an alloy repair @ £80 or a new wheel (i'm going for a new wheel)

Im know glad that i took my original style 6 20's off at about 1k miles and put them into storage.

14-03-2013 11:16am
ChuckieB

(14-03-2013 10:50am)Teetree Wrote:  [Image: uhugu8a9.jpg]

Came out to this this morning. Gutted. Always very careful. Don't understand it.
Anyway can anyone tell me please what kind of prices I'm looking at to get this one changed? Not sure if it can be repaired yet.

contis 19" are around £190 if I remember correctly.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
14-03-2013 12:00pm
Teetree

this is the first time I've used LR roadside assist and I've gotta say its rubbish. I could attempt to change the tyre myself but why should I. Technician Been delayed twice now but Im waiting. I'm not changing that wheel. That's what the service is there for !
14-03-2013 12:23pm
WB
WB

(14-03-2013 12:23pm)Teetree Wrote:  this is the first time I've used LR roadside assist and I've gotta say its rubbish. I could attempt to change the tyre myself but why should I. Technician Been delayed twice now but Im waiting. I'm not changing that wheel. That's what the service is there for !

Might be worth just inflating it and driving to your local tyre place to get it checked and repaired.
14-03-2013 12:54pm
Stadt Panzer

(14-03-2013 12:23pm)Teetree Wrote:  this is the first time I've used LR roadside assist and I've gotta say its rubbish. I could attempt to change the tyre myself but why should I. Technician Been delayed twice now but Im waiting. I'm not changing that wheel. That's what the service is there for !

Really!! That's what the service is for! Seriously? Got a flat tyre and your not willing to change it yourself...to be honest you deserve to wait.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
14-03-2013 01:07pm
Teetree

(14-03-2013 01:07pm)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  Really!! That's what the service is for! Seriously? Got a flat tyre and your not willing to change it yourself...to be honest you deserve to wait.

Well what can I say I'm not very good at changing wheels!
14-03-2013 01:10pm
cutter7

(14-03-2013 12:54pm)WB Wrote:  Might be worth just inflating it and driving to your local tyre place to get it checked and repaired.

+1
Most of these places will repair CIH..Wink

14-03-2013 01:34pm
tyke2

Its only flat at the bottom so should be ok Wink

Vw Campervan Hire - http://www.happydayscampers.co.uk
(This post was last modified: 14-03-2013 01:48pm by tyke2.)
14-03-2013 01:47pm
cutter7

If it can be repaired get them to put that one on the rear and the rear on the front.

Reason being is that there is more weight over the front wheels..

14-03-2013 02:07pm