babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Boot style
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just tried to look at google images to confirm but not overly clear. Does the boot definitely have a parcel shelf (do you still call it that?) or more of a load space cover?
It's a lift-up load space cover - hinged where it attaches to the back of the rear seats and a rubber strap attached to the tailgate so that they lift together. Can be completely removed if required.
But doesn't push back like load space covers that don't lift up?

Wish it was. At least then you can stack up the boot when you go away but still use the cover when you get there. The removable kind you'd have to take too and never can seem to fit those in!
But if they have got the design right then it will stow vertically behind the rear seats like I have had in several cars with the "solid" type rear shelf. Personally, although they are practical I dislike the rollerblind type, on my first RRS I had 4 of them when the roll-up/ unroll mechanism kept jamming and the one on my 2nd RRS didn't fit well and rattled. There is also a stowage problem with them when the boot is full - there is only one Land Rover I know off where there is a dedicated stowage for the roller blind type when it's not in use and that is the Disco3/4 where there is a recessed slot in the boot floor for putting it . The FFRR's one is HUGE and folds into 3 parts, but at least it has a hinged section so you don't have to open the lower tailgate to get to stuff in the boot, just lift the hinged lid but if you take it with you and then fill the boot it is a real problem to stow it where it won't get damaged, also the one in my FFRR is cream coloured and shows the dust and dirt very easily.
I have found that solid shelves provide much better sound insulation too.
(11-08-2011 07:52am)Charlie Wrote: [ -> ]Just tried to look at google images to confirm but not overly clear. Does the boot definitely have a parcel shelf (do you still call it that?) or more of a load space cover?

Halfway down the page you'll see a boot animation, showing the boot cover. Hope it helps.

http://www.drive.ru/landrover/drive-test...sheno.html
Here are some boot pics from Canary Wharf Car Expo.

[attachment=214]

[attachment=215]

[attachment=216]

[attachment=217]
thank you
Looks like the car in the last photo also had the load securing system fitted too
(11-08-2011 12:59pm)FullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like the car in the last photo also had the load securing system fitted too

Yep - That one was a Pure
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's