babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Suggestions for using another Experience Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After my recent service, I was given another 'Experience Day' voucher. Having been on one before (which I extended to a full day) I was wondering if anyone could suggest the best way to use it.

I did the last one in an identical Evoque to mine. Would you change cars next time, or ask them to demonstrate something different, or just enjoy 'more of the same'?
Be a devil and ask for either a Defender to see what is achievable with them or ask if they have an L405 newest version of the FFRR and go round in one of those just to see the amazing things such a luxurious and comfortable vehicle can be made to do offroad. You will enjoy taking either over the LRE tracks, and be amazed at what they can do that your Evoque cannot do. If you can get on the Solihull Factory LRE then they have things there that none of the other LREs have like flights of stairs to drive up/down, the elephants foot prints and the most amazing gradients to drive up and down
I done the full day in the Defender and it was brilliant to see what car can do, not as comfortable as the others but brilliant none the less.

If I had a voucher I would do it in the new Range Rover. I've seen 3 so far.
(10-03-2013 12:30pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Be a devil and ask for either a Defender to see what is achievable with them or ask if they have an L405 newest version of the FFRR and go round in one of those just to see the amazing things such a luxurious and comfortable vehicle can be made to do offroad. You will enjoy taking either over the LRE tracks, and be amazed at what they can do that your Evoque cannot do. If you can get on the Solihull Factory LRE then they have things there that none of the other LREs have like flights of stairs to drive up/down, the elephants foot prints and the most amazing gradients to drive up and down

Thanks. I think I'll try a Defender - it's years since I've been in a 'Land Rover' (as I term the original type design), and I've never driven one.

(10-03-2013 01:01pm)J77 Wrote: [ -> ]I done the full day in the Defender and it was brilliant to see what car can do, not as comfortable as the others but brilliant none the less.

If I had a voucher I would do it in the new Range Rover. I've seen 3 so far.

Thanks also. Your reply and Tim's has decided me on a Defender, I think.
Defender is crude and noisy but tons of fun. It's a pity LREs don't often run 90's as they cannot seat 4 people too comfortably, but they are even more fun than a 110 which s a bit long, you won't regret trying either car TBH. Also let them know you have done a full day course if you are going back to the same centre as you went to last time, in my experience the LRE guys are very good at varying the tracks and course content to suit you and what you want to try.
(10-03-2013 02:14pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Defender is crude and noisy but tons of fun. It's a pity LREs don't often run 90's as they cannot seat 4 people too comfortably, but they are even more fun than a 110 which s a bit long, you won't regret trying either car TBH. Also let them know you have done a full day course if you are going back to the same centre as you went to last time, in my experience the LRE guys are very good at varying the tracks and course content to suit you and what you want to try.

It won't be the same course, as I live in Yorkshire and that was in Devon, where I happened to be for other reasons.

I enjoyed the Evoque day, but it sounds like the Defender will be completely different - proper off-roading presumably.
Well as proper as an LRE can make it! Enough you give you a pretty good idea of what it is capable of
Reference URL's