babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Headphone module blank / Steering Rack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There is an item "Headphone Module Blank" shown on my order. Does this mean that if I remove the 'blank' that I will be able to use headphones?

I am also showing "Steering Rack - Uprated" - Uprated from what ?
(10-08-2011 07:02pm)cjfp Wrote: [ -> ]There is an item "Headphone Module Blank" shown on my order. Does this mean that if I remove the 'blank' that I will be able to use headphones?

I am also showing "Steering Rack - Uprated" - Uprated from what ?

Mine too shows 025EW headphone module blank, which i pressume means I was too tight to buy the rear seat ent system so there are no headphones. My steering is shown as 049AW Steering rack - Standard. Is this because I have normal holgen lights and you have adaptive zenons, so the steering clearly influneces where they point? so thus is "uprated" in functionality
I have the uprated steering rack but no adaptive xenons. Could be the flappy paddle shifters for the autos?
Actually cjfp is getting a manual. Perhaps it is a regional variation.
I have uprated steering rack, but no adaptive xenons and no flappy paddle (don't think flappy paddle will mix with the manual box!!).
(12-08-2011 02:02pm)M30 EVO Wrote: [ -> ]I have uprated steering rack, but no adaptive xenons and no flappy paddle (don't think flappy paddle will mix with the manual box!!).

In Italy the code 025EW has a translation that means "module for rear sets headphones" whilst 049AX has no translation and remains "Steering Rack - Uprated"
Outside of the UK, the Pure doesn't have a rain sensor / darkness sensor, no headlight washers.
I would guess these functions are controlled with the switches on the steering rack so they need to be "uprated"?
Are we reading different meanings into steering rack?
To me the rack is down at the engine end of the steering column so why would it have switches way down there?

Reasons for an uprated steering rack could be :
20" wheels specified on a car meant to run on 18/19" wheels
ADaptive Dynamics specced as an option on non AD car.

Not long after the launch of the RRS people started getting steering problems after fitting 20" wheels on cars that were supplied with 18's and 19's and LR then introduced an uprated steering rack for all cars so everybody could fit 20" wheels if they wanted - don't forget that on an "ordinary" car it doesn't matter so much if you fit bigger wheels to it, with a car designed to go offroad fitting bigger wheels doesn't just add weight it adds stresses offroad that the standard steering is not designed to handle when big wheels are fitted
(13-08-2011 08:46am)FullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Are we reading different meanings into steering rack?
To me the rack is down at the engine end of the steering column so why would it have switches way down there?

Reasons for an uprated steering rack could be :
20" wheels specified on a car meant to run on 18/19" wheels
ADaptive Dynamics specced as an option on non AD car.

Not long after the launch of the RRS people started getting steering problems after fitting 20" wheels on cars that were supplied with 18's and 19's and LR then introduced an uprated steering rack for all cars so everybody could fit 20" wheels if they wanted - don't forget that on an "ordinary" car it doesn't matter so much if you fit bigger wheels to it, with a car designed to go offroad fitting bigger wheels doesn't just add weight it adds stresses offroad that the standard steering is not designed to handle when big wheels are fitted

Quite right. I was thinking steering column.
OK sorry, I'm not a native English speaker so the meaning of these technical things is sometimes a bit unclear Embarrassed
(13-08-2011 06:52pm)vision*R Wrote: [ -> ]OK sorry, I'm not a native English speaker so the meaning of these technical things is sometimes a bit unclear Embarrassed

I am a native English speaker and they aren't always clear to me, so please don't worry!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's