babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Alloy and Tyre Insurance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have anyone here purchased 'Alloy and Tyre Insurance' - what are you thoughts and how much did you pay.

Brian
I purchased the alloy wheel insurance as I've got the 20's and just new they'd get scuffed.
Made a claim last year, fairly straightforward process and good job done, and am just making a new claim at the moment for some more damage. Think I paid £249 but would need to check.

I didn't think the tyre insurance offered good value.
It does work and am glad I took it. Especially do it if 20s are to be fitted.
Took the alloy wheel insurance for £91.58, 3years, 6 claims per year
Solar insurance. You have to take the policy out within 30 days of purchasing the vehicle I think, but at £60.00 for a wheel refurb it looked like a no brainer to me?
Link to site is https://www.solarinsurance.co.uk/Tyreand...on-168.htm
I have it too, paid for itself on the first claim when I managed to get a large slash in a£330 20" tyre, three months old. The maximum payout was £270 so after discount at the tyre place I didn't pay more than £20 for a new tyre, fitting, balancing etc. has been a good investment so far and I can still claim for another 3 tyres, 4wheel refurbs and a new replacement alloy on thecpolicybif needs be in the next 3.5 years.
Thanks for all the replies - I think I will takes this option out, picking my car up tomorrow!
Reference URL's