babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Fuji White with shadow chrome wheels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm down to the last few days when I can change my spec. I'm settled on a Fuji White prestige but I need to confirm my wheels. I've specced the style 6 20" but am tempted to go for the style 7 shadow chrome wheels.

What do you think they'll look like on a Fuji White car. I know black wheels look good but I don't think I've seen a White car with grey / shadow chrome wheels. Has anyone seen any pics of a White evoque with these wheels?
Haven't seen an Evoque with shadow chrome wheels but over on RRSport.co.uk you will find pictures of a white TDv8 with Shadow Chrome 20" wheels if you use the search function
Not 100% sure but these look like they may be the shadow chrome. Sorry its a dynamic, not a prestige!
Looks the bees knees! Smile
I agree. Thanks for the pics. Making the decision easier
Sorry but I think they just look like sparkle alloys that need a good washConfused
I've ordered the shadow and had a good look at the event in York yesterday, shadow for me is the best. Yes they do look like they need a wash but thats the point, they will not show brake dust like the sparkle wheels etc. and I believe it adds a softer finish to the car, if that makes sense.
(08-08-2011 05:40pm)Wicksy Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry but I think they just look like sparkle alloys that need a good washConfused

I agree. My dealer told me (true or not) that the Style 6 wheels are easier to refurbish than the shadow version. Like it or not, the 20" wheels are going to pick up some scuffs and, in my book, there's nothing worse than scruffy wheels.
I was going with shadow but I think I'll change now
If you scuff a single "shadow" alloy you have to refurbish all four wheels because that is the only way the refurber can get them all matching - just about to go through this with the Anthtracite coloured ZU rims that I have on my Defender. At the end of the day it would have been cheaper to buy one new alloy than to have all five refurbished, four unnecessarily, just to have all the wheels matching. And the reason for the refurb? It wasn't scuffed by kerbing, the wheel nuts worked loose while I was off-road and I drove about 100m in deep mud and ruts with no wheel nuts on, as soon as I left the ruts I was overtaken by my own rear nearside alloy.............
So to avoid expensive refurbs, regularly check your wheel nuts if you've recently fitted new alloy wheels and plain alloys are a lot less expensive to get looking good again after an "incident"
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's