babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: HELP! Car won't lock!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Iv had my car less than 3 hours and I planned on changing the front grill as soon as I got home... I just change it and all come off easy and new grill back on fine...

But when I goto lock it. I get a beep and the display in the car says bonnet open even tho it's fully closed. I have tried opening and closing a few times but still says its open
Sounds like the bonnet catch sensor has become disconnected or broken.
(28-01-2013 03:49pm)EpicEvo Wrote: [ -> ]Iv had my car less than 3 hours and I planned on changing the front grill as soon as I got home... I just change it and all come off easy and new grill back on fine...

But when I goto lock it. I get a beep and the display in the car says bonnet open even tho it's fully closed. I have tried opening and closing a few times but still says its open

Try it a few more times. I have had a problem with mine It will take a relatively good slam. Concentrate efforts on where the catches are towards each side rather than the centre.
I agree with chuckieb, it's the hardest I have ever had to close the bonnet.
I closed it hard to the point I'm
Scared to break the head lights Sad don't want to try any harder. Ill call out land rover assist I think
Check that you haven't trapped the sensor wire when you changed grilles.
With the bonnet shut, cup your fingers under the front edge at each courner. If there is any movement when you pull up, the catch isn't fully in gauged.
I had the same problem from new, it's now a lot better each time I close the lid. As it's been said, the key thing is to press down over the catch on each side & not in the middle.
I had same problem. The actual bonnet locking clasp wasn't secure enough on the body so when we shut the bonnet it didn't actually clasp properly. Just had to fiddle around that area to secure it
Just took it off. Cant see any cables at all where the grill would catch
(28-01-2013 06:13pm)EpicEvo Wrote: [ -> ]Just took it off. Cant see any cables at all where the grill would catch

Are you getting the red "hood (bonnet) is open" symbol on your instrument cluster?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's