babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Reporting Scotland
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did any Scottish members watch reporting Scotland at 6.30 tonight?They had a report from various towns and villages hit by the heavy snow fall today.
One of the clips showed a full size artic lorry complete with trailer stuck going up an icy hill in some village being towed up with a full fat rangie without the slightest evidence of any wheel spin!
Had to rewind and watch it several times over as couldn't believe my eyes at first,big queues forming at your local land rover dealers tomorrow I think!
Don't know if it would be possible to post a clip?anybody...
Pulled a car transporter with a Discovery 4 on Wednesday. Transporter stuck in snow in car park and pulled it off without any problems.
Do they have a standard kind of attachment?

Also wondering what rope you need to pull something that heavy? (Or do they carry recovery kit on board).
Yes I saw it, and chuckled
I wish i knew how to attach my tow hook.

I had to push to old women out a car park today in a merc auto

I was knackered
Video (about 2 seconds!): (expires 26 Jan at 6.59pm)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/b01q43n1/?t=1m28s
That's why the HA and Motorway police abandoned their X5's and ML's and returned to Range Rovers and Disco's ( RRS will do the same job too with as little fuss) - the opposition all failed at the the first hurdle with cooked gearboxes because nobody realised that gearbox oil coolers are standard fit on all Automatic Rangies and Landies, on the German wagons it was an extra that never got specified and resulted in melted gearboxes............ If you spec a tow ar on an X type BMW it costs about 4 times the cost of a LR tow system because it has to have the oil cooler retro fitted. Never buy a used ML or X type BMW with an after market tow bar as it probably has a shagged auto- gearbox due to no standard fit cooler. The only other cars that can do what the LRs do are Touregs and Cayennes but you don't see Plod driving many of them!
You can't beat a Range Rover for motorway patrols. The D3/4s are just as good but for me the Range Rover is an awesome sight with its blues and twos....................................................... unless its behind my Evoque.

Doubt we will see much of the L405 on motorway patrol. One afternoon if I'm bored I've to go up and get a test drive of the £98k autobiography.
Don't bother J, wait till they get the Autobiography Executive (the 4 seat version) in and then be chauffeured in it, it's awesome!
evoque was sliding with handbrakeon used hill descent on tiny slope scary
Reference URL's