babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: An afternoon in the snow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone, I’ve just spent an excellent afternoon at Eastnor Land Rover Experience driving through snow at the deer park. I chose to drive a Full Fat Range Rover this time (last year I drove an Evoque and fancied a change from the daily commute car).

Managed to get the car stuck a couple of times, but also got it unstuck without any assistance – unfortunately we couldn’t go wading because of the ice, but got drive some trails that were covered in about a foot of snow – it’s amazing how far the vehicle can be pushed before it starts to struggle.

My Evoque is a great car, but I wish it had adaptive cruise control & the full lcd instrument panel.

Regards
SD
Did you find that the larger RR tended to drift about a bit and feel less taught than the RRE.

A great drive but it just felt more wallowey.
The FFRR dash is TFT not LCD........
These days, a TFT display and an LCD display are one and the same thing.

TFT (thin film transistor) refers to having transistors integrated with the pixels to control them individually instead of relying on the older passive matrix technique. That is how the pixels are switched on and off which leads to high contrast, high resolution displays. Dead and stuck pixels are the results of those transistors going open and short circuit respectively.

That's what we have in an iPhone, the back of a digital camera and the display between the dials in the Evoque, plus of course the centre console display as well.

What's different about the new FFRR is that the whole instrument panel is implemented as an single display with the dials being generated as a graphic, whereas the Evoque has real dials.
Reference URL's