babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: New Member
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello from Durham, new member but active forum member in other places. We had an Evoque delivered in September after parting with my beloved TT. Have to say im less impressed than I thought Id be. Other cars are Z4, Fiat 500 and a 1978 VW T2 Campervan. Having a fuel problem with the evoque so thought I'd join up and see what its all about.

The swapper for the evoque
[Image: 001_zps8d27ed68.jpg]

The Evoque
[Image: 002_zpsc991630f.jpg]

The Camper
[Image: 002-4_zps390c6756.jpg]
Hello and welcome. How bad's your fuel problem? Apart from that, how are you enjoying your Evoque?
Welcome from another Durham member

I also have a 500 as well Abarth Esse Esse, as well as a few other toys

Whats is your fuel ptoblem ? What engine / ed4 td4 etc
(22-01-2013 09:04pm)Craig_d1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello and welcome. How bad's your fuel problem? Apart from that, how are you enjoying your Evoque?

I've managed to find a thread on the forum already, seems its a fuel filter issue. The car lost power and went into reserve performance safe mode. Turns out it might be Tesco Diesel. Only done just over 5k miles and the LR assist bloke knew what it would be before he put the diagnostic on so seems like aknown fault. Otherwise, Im not that impressed, I think its just OK which for the cost is a disappointment. Waited a really long time for it to arrive, there were a few order problems that meant delays then when it arrived I think the novelty had already worn off. love the heated leather and the ride height, but not loving the handling (after a TT) and the brakes seem a bit soft. Plus the touch screen is really slow to respond and rear alloys need cleaning all the time, brake dust clings like mad and they look bronze already.
(22-01-2013 09:14pm)z4alfie Wrote: [ -> ]I've managed to find a thread on the forum already, seems its a fuel filter issue. The car lost power and went into reserve performance safe mode. Turns out it might be Tesco Diesel. Only done just over 5k miles and the LR assist bloke knew what it would be before he put the diagnostic on so seems like aknown fault. Otherwise, Im not that impressed, I think its just OK which for the cost is a disappointment. Waited a really long time for it to arrive, there were a few order problems that meant delays then when it arrived I think the novelty had already worn off. love the heated leather and the ride height, but not loving the handling (after a TT) and the brakes seem a bit soft. Plus the touch screen is really slow to respond and rear alloys need cleaning all the time, brake dust clings like mad and they look bronze already.

Your rear brakes sound like they are binding , and as for the handling not sure on this one.

My Evoque handles spot on, i have also had the TT but it was just average for a coupe , nothing to write home about.

If i want to lap croft or the Nurburgring thee Evoque would not be my first choice. But for capability in all weathers it would. My car has coped admirably with the shitty uk floods , winter etc

Thats what its good at

Did you not test drive before order ????
(22-01-2013 09:28pm)Jonathon555 Wrote: [ -> ]Your rear brakes sound like they are binding , and as for the handling not sure on this one.

My Evoque handles spot on, i have also had the TT but it was just average for a coupe , nothing to write home about.

If i want to lap croft or the Nurburgring thee Evoque would not be my first choice. But for capability in all weathers it would. My car has coped admirably with the shitty uk floods , winter etc

Thats what its good at

Did you not test drive before order ????

Cheers, Ill check out the rear brakes Thumbs Up

I've just re read my post and it sounds like Im having a bit of a rant, probably after today's experience with the fuel filter, I think I started falling out with it before it arrived what with one thing and another. I'll get over myself eventually. You've just reminded me of another positive, I drove around looking for flooding when we had the massive downpours a few months back, big smile moment when everyone else was getting stuck.
Welcome to the forum Z4Alfie, I hope you get the issues sorted easily, it really is a nice car when it's running well
Reference URL's