babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Big Brakes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

Just purchased my Dynamic this past weekend and already starting to mod. I installed a set off Kahn RS600 22" rims and now I'm thinking about a big break kit. Has anyone installed the Brembo Gran Turismo brake Kit? I'd love to see some pics. Also, I'd interested in feedback on color. I'd love to do yellow but may do something a little more obvious as red. Thanks for any input.

A quick pic of my new truck...

[Image: f487396df17fcdbb478de6ed56289f78.jpg]
The Brembo bbk would be fronts only I assume, being that the rear caliper is electronic for the handbrake. The bbk is only 355mm and 4 piston from memory Which is not particularly good value considering the cost vs what you get. I put the 380mm 6 piston on my last car and it was awesome however Smile
In addition to Jai's post, changing the brake system will also interfer with the electronics of the Terrain Response
as it uses signals from the ABS/TC to transfer the torque around the wheels to maintain drive and to activate the DSC, the HDC and the gradiemt control.
You obivously aren't worried about warranty as you've blown yours right out of the water just by fitting 22" wheels, which the car is not designed to run or homologated for - have you also checked that you remain insured as a result of these changes
(19-01-2013 09:37pm)hdavidson Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

Just purchased my Dynamic this past weekend and already starting to mod. I installed a set off Kahn RS600 22" rims and now I'm thinking about a big break kit. Has anyone installed the Brembo Gran Turismo brake Kit? I'd love to see some pics. Also, I'd interested in feedback on color. I'd love to do yellow but may do something a little more obvious as red. Thanks for any input.

A quick pic of my new truck...

[Image: f487396df17fcdbb478de6ed56289f78.jpg]

These look great, i already thought of buying them in 20"
Really excellent!!!
Tim, I have a feeling that hdavidson lives in the US.
But on his question of brakes, I have read an article about a German supplier who offers upgraded brakes (colour yellow me thinks) for around euro 5000. Did think about it before I saw the price Sad
(20-01-2013 11:59am)Stadt Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]Tim, I have a feeling that hdavidson lives in the US.
But on his question of brakes, I have read an article about a German supplier who offers upgraded brakes (colour yellow me thinks) for around euro 5000. Did think about it before I saw the price Sad

You could also just paint the original ones. Saw a YouTube video on that.
I am also interested in the brembo gran turismo brakes, they are 365 not 340. So quiet big. And they cost not too much, around 3000 usd.

Please update this thread if you have fitted into your car. Thanks
(08-04-2013 07:43pm)sciack Wrote: [ -> ]Please update this thread if you have fitted into your car.

Not yet fitted, but in trying to find out what's doing, I thought I'd revive this thread, rather than posting new. I only found a few other threads dedicated to brake upgrades, and this one had the most concise subject to move forward with. (The other that I found is here.)

I'm looking at packaging/fabbing a 4-corner upgrade for a friend that would recycle the OE rear calipers. Given the age of this topic, I wanted to see if anyone's discovered a reasonably priced kit that looks the part of the Evoque since? I saw nothing, other than the uber-priced Brembo GTs.
Reference URL's