babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Snowed In
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Cotswolds Roads Today... It didn't put a foot wrong! Enjoy the Wine Mark!

Success!

I turned the car round and it climbed the driveway like a champ. It may be the special traction modes do not work as well - or at all - going backwards.

Phil, I see you have winter park mode set...
Yes I set that last night as well as turning off Auto Wipers to save the wipers on start up this morning! Not sure it's a great deal of help, but at least they're not frozen in the well behind the bonnet.
Glad it got you out, might just be the weight on the front wheels helped traction over reverse.

And here it is after the journey... You'd never believe I recently washed it Laughing

[attachment=3217]
(18-01-2013 03:17pm)mark_n Wrote: [ -> ]I thnk you'll be alright, it's not far off the M40. I'd be fine if I could reach the main road but at the moment, I can't even get out of my driveway. I have a snow shovel and one bag of salt, so plan to clear the snow when it stops, spread the salt and cross my fingers. It's so slippery now it's difficult to walk up and especially down the drive.

Hope you are right. The lanes to the pub will be a lot worse than the video Philskill has posted.
(18-01-2013 03:17pm)mark_n Wrote: [ -> ]Just you wait, your time will come, laddie!

Yes, so cheap, I wonder how it's selling. Don't like to the new user interface, but then I am 57...

So am I (57), and I love it (mind you, I am in IT, so maybe...........................)

I thnk you'll be alright, it's not far off the M40. I'd be fine if I could reach the main road but at the moment, I can't even get out of my driveway. I have a snow shovel and one bag of salt, so plan to clear the snow when it stops, spread the salt and cross my fingers. It's so slippery now it's difficult to walk up and especially down the drive.
It'll be fine, This was the start of the journey, and it handled it like a dream!

[attachment=3218]
I am 49 in IT and don't like the windows 8 interface. Windows 7 is fast and usable. To get back on track. I love driving in the evoque the snow and look forward to more of it today.
It's taken you guys an awful long time to find out that Land Rover can drive well in snow............ The Evoque 4WD system has been in use with LR since 1997 but you all preferred your BMW's etc until LR put a sexy body on the running gear!
Did a test run today to the restaurant. It was a great drive. She behaves herself very well and even with 2 wheels on compacted snow and the other 2 on a thick-snow verge, she didn't grumble at all. I happily took her on the rough to pass normal cars. It seems the only thing to let her down is how we drive her. I gave myself plenty of braking time and didn't accelerate too fast. Simple!

I want MORE snow now!
Turning off DSC when all 4 wheels have limited traction is very important.

James Thumbs Up
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's