babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Engine questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi eveyone,

I'm from Germany and I registered me in this forums because in G. all say it's the best Evoque Forums.
My question that I'd like to ask all of you, is there any bigger Diesel engine maybe 3.0 V6 TDI or a compareable one planned for the Evoque?

This year I'm going to purchase an Evoque but i still hope for a bigger TDI engine.

Looking forward to your replies,

Regards Evoque68.
Welcome to the forum.

It's very unlikely would be my guess as there is a relentless pressure to reduce emissions - it would be nice to see LR introduce and more efficient and refined diesel - the current 2.2 is a rough, noisy unit in my humble opinion.....
Hm that wouldn't make my decision easier. Doesn't anybody have some better news?

Cheers
10 years ago probably yes but the emissions thing etc has all gone OTT. The fun part of car ownership is demminishing quickly!
Unlikely mate. I think if there was an alternate option we would have a SD4 and this alternate. Not the current configuration of a TD4 and SD4. LR have also invested heavily in this and IMHO engine development is a long way off... As stated already the emissions compliance is an important factor. I think a risk, as much as a driver of development options...
Extremely unlikely that a TDv6 3.0ltr would fit in the engine bay, even less likely to fit if it were mated to the 8 speed automatic gearbox..............
As Tim says, no way will you get the TDV6 under the bonnet. At best you can hope for is more horses.
More likely the next engine for the Evoque will be a lower capacity than the current 2.2litre, possibly a 2.0litre but it will probably give more power, fuel economy etc.
As others have indicated a TDV6 3.0litre engine will not fit.
Reference URL's