babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Disable automatic lift gate and parking sensors?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed a hitch on my evoque and plan on mounting a platform style bike rack. Is there a way to disable the parking sensors and the lift gate? I'm particularly worried about my accidentally activating the lift gate with a bike on the back of the car and denting the body work. I tried setting the lift gate height to the minimum possible but it still comes out too far...

Thanks
On UK spec cars if you have a trailer lighting socket fitted with your hitch the socket is programmed to disable the rear parking sensors when a plug is inserted for the trailer lights. I believe European cars are the same. I cannot answer the bit about the tailgate lift mechanism, however it should stop automatically if there is an obstruction thatvstops it opening. That of course may be a harder stop than you would like as it has to "feel" the bikes preventing it from opening
I don't think the tailgate is disabled automatically when the trailer electrical socket is connected. There is one way though, you can put the car in valet mode, this way you'll need to unlock it using the 4-digit pin - might stop you from accidentally opening the tailgate.

[Image: 332814B5-F25E-483F-BDD9-4CEEEB1B1334-357...0AE671.jpg]
Good Idea, but Valet disables your Music and Sat Nav too, so not great if you want to Travel like that.
Why not just tie the tailgate down? That way it won't open and you can hide the tie down amongst the bike rack.
just take the fuse out for the power tail gate.
Reference URL's