babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Having little problem with my exhaust tips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I started noticing that my exhaust tips are turning goldish. Does anyone else have this problem?
Yip, same here. Had the same issue years ago on a BMW R1200c bike, BMW actually did a recall of those and replaced the entire system.
IIRC from the rSport forums, giving them a clean with some fresh lemon juice removes the marking
Thanks, I'll give that a go
what causes that the chemicals at the car wash?
I believe it is the heat from the exhaust causes discolouring
(07-12-2012 09:33am)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]I believe it is the heat from the exhaust causes discolouring

I would be very surprised if it was heat related. The colouring on motorbike pipes could be heat related as the pipes are much shorter and therefore closer to the exhaust manifold. Out stainless steel tips are too far away to get that hot. In fact if they did get hot enough to change colour then the rear bumper would probably melt
(06-12-2012 07:16am)slee18 Wrote: [ -> ]So I started noticing that my exhaust tips are turning goldish. Does anyone else have this problem?

Maybe try washing them now and again!Laughing
Haha I try to wash it every chance I get, but the water restrictions in California during winter months don't give me a chance of late. That rain and fog hasn't helped either. I'll have to try the lemon in the garage after I vacumm the interior
(09-12-2012 08:00pm)slee18 Wrote: [ -> ]Haha I try to wash it every chance I get, but the water restrictions in California during winter months don't give me a chance of late. That rain and fog hasn't helped either. I'll have to try the lemon in the garage after I vacumm the interior

Give them a light rub with some metal polish or something similar
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's