babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Looks like its a Snow mode day tomorrow!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I got home an hour ago and it was very frosty -have just looked outside an hour later and ......... There's white stuff falling out of the sky and already 1cm on the ground
[Image: 2B2A16F3-C6F5-4D62-B55E-067349E56F31-133...610AF2.jpg]
Sorry for the poor quality photo, it looks like iPad's camera is worse than the iPhone's camera
Have a run up to Gleneagles Hotel tomorrow to test drive the new FFRR L405, should be fun on the A9 at 0830! I'm also still running on my summer 20" tyres.........
Only supposed to be a light scattering further south later in the week, but sounds like if its starting up north already, could have the makings of a bigger than predicted snow fall!

Take care on those rush hour roads in the snow!
We are also only 30m above sea level here but I expect 3 miles along the road there will not be any snow!
Good luck on the roads all, don't make any unwise decisions!

I miss winter in London and the 'will it or won't it snow enough to toboggan in Greenwich Park this year' anticipation.
No point having winter tyres if you're not using them when winter arrives!
0730 and I'm about to set out for Gleneagles and the L405 launch, should be a great roadtesting day!

[Image: IMG_0583.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0584.jpg]

iPhone photos I'm afraid so not great quality - FA57 is warmed up and raring to have a go in the snow!
Snow here too but it has fallen on top of packed ice , so a chance to test my summer tyres

[Image: 4194DF43-7B89-4EAE-9077-799F6FC29D1D-108...824722.jpg]
What's Snow?
Just does not happen down here usually. But when it does we shut down for the weekLaughing
No snow over here on the west coast, though temperatures have been plenty low enough to warrant the switch to winter tyres so I'm getting mine swapped over while the dealer looks into my coolant level issue. Curious to find out what the ride will be like on 18" vs the 20" summers I've had since delivery, but will have to wait for them to sort the coolant first!
Have to say that the snow mode is useless. All it does really is restrict power, and I haven't seen any improvement in the snowy conditions. When I got stuck, I couldn't see any difference in getting out of the situation with snow vs. normal, and eventually just settled in using the normal mode, because it's just much more fun to drive.

On the other hand, as I wouldn't drive at all here with summer tires (ok, they're illegal this time of the year), maybe it's useful to limit power to prevent SD4's diesel kick. But with studded tires just go with the normal mode.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's