babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: And the 4x4 magazine SUV of the year is.......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yes they were surprised that for the 2nd year running Evoque is the 4x4Magazine SUV of the year beating All theAudi's, BMW's, Kia's, Hyundai's, Mercs, Porsches and even the Defender, Freelander2, Disco4, RRS and FFRR (L322 not L405). The only de-merits they find against it are -too frequently seen on UK roads and poor towing figure. They praised it for low emissions, price, design, off-road ability and for being such a fun car. They tested a Prestige this year and it scored the highest score of 89%, Jeep Grand Cherokee was runner up with 86%, Disco4 was 3rd with 84%, RRS was 4th with 81%.
If there are no new vehicles/variants in the class then you would expect the same outcome, or otherwisr it means the decision is biased by personal opinion and therefore meaningless. So glad to see they were consistant in their choice!

Thr Evoque is best... period. (My personal opinion! And therefore meaningless Laughing )

There's a lot of them about (another transporter load at the dealers Today! and 2 PDI'd ready to go!), and yet I still havent seen Mauritius Blue!
Interesting and good news! I'm surprised at the seen too frequently on UK roads as living in central London I see more Aston Martins than Evoques!
Having not seen many round here in the first 10 months after launch they are now all over the place - mostly Fuji White or Colima Pures with the occasional Santorinni Black or Firenze Red. There are also a couple of Mautirius Blues around here but have yet to see locally any Havana's or Barolo Black. I see 4-5 every day just passing through the village here on their way to work each morning.
How can they say too frequently seen. I do a lot of motorway mileage (and live in Hertforshire to boot - surely prime LR territory) and by far see more FFRR, RRS, Discos and FLs that I do RRE's. Yes I see RRE's often - but by far the larger numbers are DIsco and FL's.

Of course you will tend to see them as they are so distinctive, but that's a poor excuse for a demerit is it? Surely that's more a measure of LR's and the RRE's success?
When I purchased my last Fl2, I ordered it in Fuji white with privacy glass and 18" wheels looked good but the salesman wasn't as sure, I was adamant it had to be white.

On day of collection the car looked stunning, the salesman and dealer principle both admitted it was stunning. It was the only white Fl2 they had sold, but had ordered another based on my spec as it had impressed a few customers.

I still haven't seen many white Fl2s on the road, whereas the Evoques are 10 a penny although I still see more of the other models.
The sales managers don't always get it right when speccing up demos and showroom cars - I've been through a similar experience except the Alaska White RRS TDv8 I wanted ended up being a Stornoway Grey one!
(29-11-2012 12:39am)PhilSkill Wrote: [ -> ]There's a lot of them about (another transporter load at the dealers Today! and 2 PDI'd ready to go!), and yet I still havent seen Mauritius Blue!
Living in Northern Ireland you don't get to see many of them. They really are few and far between. More RR Sport than anything mind.
Great to hear re: top SUV! Here in Canada you never seen them on the road as they are quite back ordered. Every second SUV is a BMW with a lot of Discos and RRS/FFRR thrown in for good measure. The RRE really stands out.
It's a fantastic vehicle let down by the people who manufacture them.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's