babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Interior LED/Ambient Light Locations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi there!

I am new to the forums, and am excited to be getting my new MY13 Prestige in the new few weeks. I noticed when test driving it that the colour changing ambient light LEDs were located in the front door armrests, and in the cubby/pass-through under the centre dash. Are there any other locations where these user-selectable lights occur?

Also, I notice that in all the marketing photos I have seen of the interior that there appear to be either white or blue LEDs in the chrome interior door handles. I didn't notice these in the Prestige I was test driving. I was wondering if these are not equipped if a car has the ambient lighting option? Or possibly I just didn't notice them in the day light. I have looked about online but haven't had any luck in nailing down the actual locations of interior LEDs.

Any help from current owners would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

Peter in Vancouver, BC
Welcome goldenboi

those are only areas the ambient lights are located.

Only the front door handles have the white led in them. The headlights or parking lights need to be on for you to see them. They are very subtle and dont change with the ambient lights
Dont mean to burst your LED bubble, but they're rubbish ! Ive forgotton about them, never play with them, and can barely see them ! Shame no passengers have ever even commented. LR could have done so much better, so easily !
Just been flicking through my brochure and you're not imagining things. They do show ambient lighting as you have mentioned! Another con on the part of LR marketing me thinks!

Most definitely as slee18 has indicated I'm afraid.

There are a couple of extra whilte leds in the roof above he centre console. Serve no purpose as far as I can see, even when the dash illumination is turned up to its highest.
Today I looked at the new L405 Range Rover and the ambient lighting in that is superb, especially the rich blue I saw in an all black interior Sdv8 Autobiography Executive ( LR seak for the 4 seat option) at £107,000............. Along the transmission tunnel is a hairs width (fibre optic??) lighting band and the ambient/ mood lights are far better integrated than the Evoque's piddly isolated LEDs. I'm not a huge fan of totally black interiors ( even though I have it on mine, the Pano roof makes it lovely and light inside) and the pano roof blind was closed, the interior is simply stunning especially in the 4 seater version. Lookers demo car is also in stunning Causeway Grey................ Oh to have £107000 to spend on a rock climbing, mud plugging off road limousine!! I see that Car magazine has declared it the Worlds best car after comparing it to a Rolls Royce Phantom, Bentley Mulsanne, Aston Martin Rapide and the Ferarri FF....... They reckon beats them all hands down and saves you £100k in the process, also none of the others can venture off the tar with any style or comfort!
(27-11-2012 08:45pm)slee18 Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome goldenboi

those are only areas the ambient lights are located.

Only the front door handles have the white led in them. The headlights or parking lights need to be on for you to see them. They are very subtle and dont change with the ambient lights

Don't forget the two little white leds up by the courtesy / map lights
(28-11-2012 12:33am)cjfp Wrote: [ -> ]Don't forget the two little white leds up by the courtesy / map lights

Yes they're the ones I was meaning. Totally useless!
Has anybody found the "waterfall" light yet? I noticed it the other night for the first time - never knew it was there but both my RRS's and my last FFRR had one.........
Next time you are night driving just pass your hand below the mirror and you will see it on the back of your hand, it neatly illuminates the smokers pack if you have one but is not noticeable in normal driving at night.
[Image: 69ef41a4e93b4871a58cade188c0fad8.jpg]

A lot better on the new Range Rover than on the Evoque, more shades to choose from. It's something I would like to see improved on the Evoque.
Something for the 2015 facelift?
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's