babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: What does yours feel like?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was reading another thread, where PhilSkill mentioned " I drive quite a few other cars that are very "easy drive" cars"

I too drive several other vehicles and always look forward to getting back into the Evoque.

The main thing that I notice when driving the Evoque, is how solid it feels in both build and ride in a very BMW way, plus I love the elevated driving position.

This makes me feel very comfortable and secure when driving.

Do any of you feel the same or are there other aspects that stand out for you?
I don't feel either as elevated, comfortable or secure as I am in the Freelander, or when I've recently taken a RRS out for an extended test drive. Perhaps an unfair comparison. RRE's better though than many other cars. Still making up my mind one year on whether to change it for another model of Landrover. Not concerned about mpg. Looking forward to seeing the posts to your thread.
Well I spend my whole day behind the wheel of double deckers, so when I get behind the wheel of my Evoque it feels great. Having said that, I don't get that same 'command driving position' of other LRs, that's something I miss. I would like to get a more 'Range Rover' experience from the Evoque, especially from pure, a choice of wooden veneers, grand lacquer trim that sort of thing rather than aluminium or ehh....... aluminium.

Overall though it's a nice place to be at the end of the day.
Yes I miss the elevated driving position of my previous Range and Land rovers, but I can swop to the Defender to get my "over the hedgerow" views.
I do miss the tidal wave of torque that the TDv8's I owned had but then I love the way I can chuck the Evoque around without it feeling like it is going to fall over on a fast set of bends. You win some and you loose some trading down.
I drive a 44ton double decker truck most days... Ill never feel as big in the evoque Smile
Yes the Evoque is much more nimble than my work vehicle too - 0-25mph in 3 hours - 400m turning circle - wading depth is never a problem though unless the water is less than 6m deep!
I enjoy driving it a great deal but it does drive like a truck when compared with my Golf GTi
It feels like a sports car compared with a Renault Espace Grande, which is far bigger and waddles around corners, but seems any gear will do anytime within reason (thay all provide minimal accel Laughing ). But then it feels like a big sporty monster truck after driving the Mazda for example, always amazes me how I crouch down into a car now, rather than step up into the Evoque even thou physically its not much higher. Down side of the Evoque is the vision, cornering around a kerb can sometimes seem like guesswork and mirrors do block some vision, the Espace mirrors are 1/4 the size. Evoque easily feels the best quality and most solid and planted of the stuff I get to drive daily.
Driving down a streaming wet A1 from Peterborough last evening, the Evoque was peerless, rock solid and not once did I feel it twitch. My ageing Ferrari would have been a total nightmare and I would have been doing, maybe, 40 mph in the inside lane.

I realise too the Evoque is much more nimble than a lumbering FFRR or RR Sport. The newer lighter models may help close the gap and I would certainly like to see a higher powered more sports-oriented version of he Evoque.
I've forgotten what driving an Evoque feels like, just about to complete my 5th week in a 62 plate RR Sport loaner - which drives surprisingly well for a small barge. There was a suggestion half way through last week that I'll get the Evoque back this week and I'm rather looking forward to getting re-acquainted.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's