babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: mpg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well I thought it was worth sharing the mpg of my sd4..I'm currently averaging 40 .8 to the gallon mixed driving ..I do tend to use the cruise control a lot and it seems to do the job. I'm more than happy with that...Very HappyVery Happy
What type of driving, 30mpg town, 50mph A roads, or 70mph Motorways? Is it flat?
Unbelievable.
My *best* so far is 46mpg, which was approx 60mph on cruise for 80 miles.
I have no idea how people are achieving these high averages Sad
The mpg is my biggest gripe with the car (apart from the minuscule boot!)

After 10k miles over 11 months of a fair mixture of local, town and motorway driving, I had never had better than 32 over any period
Just sold my SD4 Manual today and one of the reasons was the mpg.

I was getting a slight steady improvement over the past 12 months, going from 31mpg when i first bought it up to 37.7 mpg after 12,000 miles.

Then...............following the service at 12K it has now gone back down to 34mpg. This may be due to the darker, colder nights and using my heated seats more etc, but to be honest I am just a bit (Sorry A LOT) miffed that it is sooooo far off the manufacturers claim.

Also, I got a decent price and the car retained over 90% of its purchase cost.
to be honest just doing the speed limit ....I think the cruise has got a lot to do with it I use that a lot ..bare in mine my little run about is a cooper s and I get 27 mpg out of that..P S Phil its in Staffordshire so yes mainly flat...
The Evoque is by some margin the most economical of the 5 cars I own. A trip out to Peterborough today from London managed 28 mpg. The Evoque has a huge cross-sectional area compared to a sports car plus I have a very heavy right foot. I'm more than happy.
mine has dropped to 32mpg .................... in mixed driving. It has been pretty cool here though so the heater and seat/ steering wheel heaters and heated screens have been getting a lot of use
(24-11-2012 08:32pm)ceebee Wrote: [ -> ]Just sold my SD4 Manual today and one of the reasons was the mpg.

I was getting a slight steady improvement over the past 12 months, going from 31mpg when i first bought it up to 37.7 mpg after 12,000 miles.

Then...............following the service at 12K it has now gone back down to 34mpg. This may be due to the darker, colder nights and using my heated seats more etc, but to be honest I am just a bit (Sorry A LOT) miffed that it is sooooo far off the manufacturers claim.

Also, I got a decent price and the car retained over 90% of its purchase cost.

I never understand why people do this, the costs involved in changing will pay for a lot of fuel!
I think ed if your expenses are paid by the company and you based your running costs on say 42mpg, and then over the year you are getting considerably less then you end up being a lot of money out of pocket. If LR don't get their act together over this I fear Evoque will soon not be selling at all well and LR will be loosing all the conquest sales they have made with Evoque, back to BMW and Audi.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's