babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Heated Seats automatically turn back on... when?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fairly mundane question, but something that has me puzzled. Under some circumstances my heated seats automatically turn back on to the settings they were at when I shut off the car. Sometimes this doesn't happen.

I haven't had the desire to put it through any official testing... but my guess is that there is some sort of internal timer, so if you are doing errands they come back on, but if the car is off for X amount of time, then it stays off. Regardless I think that's great, that always annoyed me about other cars, you keep having to turn them on.

Was curious if someone had dug up exactly what the deal is on that, the manual didn't say squat.

Thanks
I would have thought once you lock the car it would reset any setting on the Heated seats, but prior to that they may stay set to what you last used.
Doesn't appear to be related to locking. I lock my car when shopping and very often the seats auto turn on when I get back in.
(21-11-2012 03:06pm)fstfwd Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't appear to be related to locking. I lock my car when shopping and very often the seats auto turn on when I get back in.

Same happens for me.
Never knew this was a feature................. cannot be using the seat heaters long enough to find out as mine get up to butt frying temperature and then I switch them off!
Maybe that's it Tim, I always turn mine off within a few minutes, so never noticed they stay on over a power cycle...
Im in the same boat as time, but i have mine set to Low
This is dependant on how long you have been out of the car, its exactly the same in my 3 series coupe and I have noticed its the same in the Evoque, if i have the seats on and get out for a few minutes and then get back in it remembers what setting you had on, if its after a certain length of time then it doesn't, Simples!
I was in the grocery store for about ten mins and came back on was still set on the last position.
No one at Land Rover had an exact answer, but after enough time I can only guess that it has to do with a timeout period. Probably about 15 minutes I would say. Though, I haven't bothered to count exactly. They always come on now, if I run into a coffee shop or quick errand. They are usually off if I've been some where shopping for a while, or restaurant, etc.

I guess I'll just say "cool!" for the fact that it does come back on for any of those short stints. Better than nothing...
Reference URL's